Dream Speakers = landed. Now I need to feed them!

So I scored a pair of Belle Klipsch (1987 models, AB crossover).  I would have gone for Khorns, but the room they were going in just wasn't going to work.  RIght now, I'm running a cheap little Sony (STR-DH190) stereo receiver on them, and even that sounds amazing, but I know I've barely scratched the surface of what they're capable of.  The dream is a pair of SET monoblocks (probably 300B type), though I'm worried about not being able to drive the bottom enough.  I listen to a wide array of music from classical and opera to extreme metal, though my wife is decidedly more of a rock person, so I definitely need something that will push those woofers proper. 

Due to lifestyle and logistics, a big piece of my source audio is going to be HQ feeds from my laptop via Bluetooth.  I know, not an ideal source, but until I build my HTPC, it's just going to have to work.  I also need to run optical out from my Sony Bravia (which I can't do right now because the receiver doesn't have optical in and the TV doesn't have analog out).  

Here's the hard part: Right now, I can't really spend more than $1k for the whole shebang.  So I started hunting.

At first I was sniffing around looking for a tube preamp that can handle both Bluetooth and Toslink, but all that seems to be out there are suspiciously cheap Chinese integrated amps that have no pre out for later use.  I also looked at some dedicated DAC's such as the Cambridge Audio DACMagic, that I knew I could pair with a BT-capable tube pre.  But I'm still sketchy about the cheap Chinese kit.  I've heard positive things about Dared, though, and I was thinking their 5BT would be a good foundation alongside the aforementioned DAC, because I could use its power stage for right now, and if I can't stay in the right now budget to get a good pair of monoblocks, then I could wait for a while and buy the right ones later. 

Thoughts? Opinions?  Alternative ideas?  

jerkface
Avoid Chinese audio gear unless it's made by Topping, or well known Chinese Hi-Fi companies. (Like Woo audio)

Above brands are great. (No racism). I'm saying this because some Chinese companies are really sketchy and use cheap computer caps in their amps. (not audio grade). Along with that, a lot of toxic crap inside.

Monoblocks are nice...you can drive the speakers with authority. Good luck...read a lot of amp reviews..before you choose.
Decware, Finale Audio (used most likely), Schiit audio ( Freya + tube preamp possibly) come to mind for low powered tube gear that is good value. there’s a ton more out there.

I’d pass on 300Bs though too expensive for tubes IMO specially at your budget. 300B’s need very good transformers to sound their best you really don’t get that sub $2k IMO.

used would be ideal more value for the money. also don’t discount a good class A, SS amp ( 20wpc is all you need) maybe matched to a tube preamp.

maybe a dynaco st70 modern build like the tubes4hifi amps. their quite a good value for the money.

I run LaScala’s and have tried a bunch of amps. clean power and low noise is what your looking for, specially the low noise. Also consider the over all gain of your system if to high you’ll have no volume range at all.

surprisingly good is a Schiit freya+ tube pre ($899) and their Aegir class A amp ($799) or their integrated ragnarok ($1499).

lastly if your speakers are original consider updating the tweeter and crossovers huge improvements here. Bob Crites is reasonable priced and will bring the Bells up to modern spec. not to mention make the high end much smoother and enjoyable.

ok i’ done that’s all i can think of off the top of my head.

cheers
glen
You’re on a tight budget. You already have an amp. Granted it is a receiver, the second lowest rung in audio (at least it is stereo, the absolute lowest is AVR) but as you say it sounds amazing. You will definitely get better sound from a better integrated amp. But going to separates on a budget is a huge mistake! The sound you get is the total performance of everything, including the wires powering and connecting everything together. The more separates the more power cords and interconnects. Leave these for guys with money to burn.

Look, my budget is roughly a hundred times yours and am I using separates? No! https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 Nuff said.

Forget stuff like 300B. Not that it’s not great, but you can get a lot of magic from any tubes so why pay the premium? Any good used tube amp will soar over your receiver, last a long time, and have good resale value when you upgrade down the road. Avoid made in China, look for deals, save some for a good interconnect and speaker cables.
One suggestion, 1)buy a DAC having USB, coax, and optical inputs (there are budget ones that are very good); 2)buy a passive preamp like the Douk Audio off Ebay (~$40), 3) buy a used tube amplifier given the vintage nature of your speakers I would consider a refurbished Dynaco ST-70. 

Most DACs have have more that enough gain to satisfy need of an amplifier without active preamp. The DAC will supply required signal gain and serve as selector for multiple source components.  The passive pre has single input and output with volume control. Amplifier drives speakers and a tube one is know as a great fit with your speakers, sonic and power wise.

Not the only way to go, however does fit your budget and allows for easy upgrade path.

@mesch - that last line is the key for me. Upgrade path.  Start with components I can replace as both my needs and budget increase. 

But at the same time, there's wisdom in the idea of taking individual steps and see how my needs evolve.  Maybe just getting a DAC to address the TV problem,  build the HTPC, then, free of the need for BT, make a more SQ-focused choice for a pre or maybe even an integrated unit.

I mean, I said they sound great with the Sony, but I've heard these things truly sing at the Klipsch HQ on a tour, so I know how far I have to go before I hit that potential.