All record weights the same ?

What is a good record weight.

Do they harm the motor, or put more stress on a direct drive motor?

Technics sl1200 mkii from the mid late 80’s.  Removed platter, unscrewed top, removed spindle , and removed clamp,  wiped off old oil, fresh oil, blew out w compressed air, oiled any moving parts. 
 Put back together, and it’s smooth as silk.

Anyway,...WHATS A GOOD descent record weight that will hold down the LP and not harm or put more strain on the motor. 
128x128arcticdeth
@dekay 

yes, must be 6.3 oz.  180 or so grams as recommended by @millercarbon. 
 She is a  30+ year old SL-1200 mkii. 
 Should be just fine, if not, I’ll continue to use my half roll of soldering wire on the spool. 
 Thank you everyone. 
I think Raul and Lewn are on the right track. Any additional mass on a bearing is going to accelerate bearing wear. Just a fact of life. A plain record weight no matter how heavy it is can only press the label against the platter. A proper reflex clamp as used by SME, Kuzma and Sota flexes the record into the platter without the need for unnecessary mass. These are second only to vacuum clamping. Plain record weights are just shy of being worthless and heavy ones will ruin your bearing prematurely. 
Received the weight in the mail yesterday.    Seems fine. Will use this weekend and see how she works. 
     Since there is no contact as it’s the reverse magnetic sl1200ii direct drive, I should not worry much about the extra 6.3 ounces on the platter???
Chak, are you sure it’s good advice to say categorically that 900g, about two pounds, is ok for any DD turntable? Especially when MS made it for their belt driven high end tables?

Why do you thing they made it for Belt Drive turntables ? Micro made Direct Drive turntables too. 

900g is OK for all Direct Drive turntables, probably 500g is more comfortable for the user, but it's irrelevant for the motor/bearings. 

I agree with Raul that a screw on or clamp type is to be preferred usually, but a mid weighted weight may tame some resonances.

Micro ST-20 is lightweight and it's a clamp, not just weight like cheaper ST-10

I use the SOTA reflex clamp or the weight made by kenwood for the LO7D, which weighs I’m guessing 250 to 350g. 

I tried many (same weight) and in my opinion they are too light imo. 

I would just say to a neophyte, approach a 900g record weight with caution, regardless of the drive system, especially if your turntable has a lightweight platter, which suggests the bearing may have been designed with low platter mass in mind. That’s a long sentence with a lot of commas. Sorry.