Zu Soul Supreme with Leben CS300xs (or Harbeth XX.X?)

I am a newbie and this is my first post so apologies if this has been discussed out there on the interweb. I have been building my system over the last few years and have finally found myself a proud owner of a Leben CS300xs. I really love it playing through my Fritz Carrera's, however I do feel like there is something missing at higher levels. I can't describe it, because they certainly can play LOUD, and full, but from reading around here it may be dynamic compression that I'm hearing - things get just a tad muddy and vague. At lower levels, it is a truly a beautiful combination, so warm, yet not syrupy, and very rich. But I do feel like something is missing, which has led me to research more efficient speakers.

So my question: I was wondering if anyone has heard the CS300 with Zu Soul Supremes? I used to have a pair of Soul MkIIs with a Marantz 2015 vintage amp and the sound was really sweet, but veiled, and a bit bloated in the bottom end. I did love the way the Zu's really sucked you in, a strong magnetic energy. Sometimes I wanted a mellower relaxed presentation, and the Zu's had a hard time with that even at lower levels, but they were so fun. I wonder what a step up the Zu chain would be like. I had to sell the Souls when I moved to California, and just recently bought the Fritz Carreras. Nothing against them, they are a beautiful sounding loudspeaker, and Fritz was an amazing guy to chat with and very generous with his knowledge and helping me understand certain audiophile language. But I can't stop thinking that more efficient speakers may really bring my little Leben to life. I've read about the Devore's and I feel they would be somewhere between the Zu's and Fritz's but alas they are probably out of my price range.

Another question - I've read that the Harbeth / Leben combo is really great. But assuming most people are talking about the Leben CS600 because the Harbeths are not that efficient... Just wondering if anyone has heard a CS300 with a pair of Harbeths 30.2's or around there? Opinions?

If anyone has a pair of Soul Supremes in the San Francisco Bay Area and would let me play my Leben through them for a few minutes I'd be so grateful. I will bring gifts!

My source is a PS Audio Directstream Jr. 
I listen to all kinds of music, from Jazz to Hip Hop to Singer Songwriter to Acapella

Thanks y'all!
128x128avgonzalez77
I have heard the CS300 with Zu Omens.  On acoustic music it was jaw droppingly good, huge sound.  Like you I found with rock the Leben would compress and shout if I tried to play it too loud, like over 80db, so IMO you may be hearing the limits of the amp and not the speakers.  Sean Casey of Zu told me he prefers the CS600 to the CS300 with his 16 ohm models.
Hey Whoopycat thanks for the reply. So both amp and speakers can cause compression.. Ok that is a good piece of knowledge. I rarely go above 80db, and everything is pretty great around 70-75 db. But I occasionally like to play classical music, or big band jazz, and it just starts to sound muddy. I have the dial around 2 o'clock to hit that 80-90 db level. I wonder if I had say the Zu Soul's which are 99 db/w efficiency, if it would sound less compressed, more open, more real. I've also had my eye on the Klipsch Cornwalls, although if I had a pair of speakers arrive on a crate my girlfriend would probably freak out. They are huge!
If you keep it below 80db then I think it would be a fantastic combo.  Between 9-10:00 on the dial was extremely loud with the Zus.
I've owner the 300x and the CS600 both awesome amps. These amps are not that poweful and do run out of steam if the speakers asks for more than they can handle. Better get answer before getting the speakers. I've heard that Zu speakers are very efficient but like big power. Maybe someone with more experience can explain that better. If you are on Facebook there is a Leben forum and a Zu forum, better to ask in those because all 2,000 or however many own the same product. Finding good info in these forums is increasingly difficult.