Speakers for Computer

Im thinking about buying some speakers for my PC, but not entirely sure what to look for. Im looking for some good quality speakers because im going to use them for some music software. Do I have to buy a soundcard? Do I need to get some sort of audio interface? can I just connect the speakers to the MOBO ports? Is soundcard and audio interface the same? thanks also any recommendations Is highly appreciated.

devonbirch
Not sure of budget here. If between $300-800 I would run the USB from the PC direct into some Vanatoo speakers. They have a few models and all are power, have an internal DAC, and DSP setting if needed. They sound excellent and are easy to use. They have a subwoofer out so easy to add a subwoofer if so desired along with decent crossover settings. 
My ex needed some speakers when we split and she got her own place.  I recommended Edifier (available for $100-$500 on Amazon, etc.), and really enjoy them for the price when I've been over.  They have amplification and a dac built in and can connect to your computer via bluetooth.  Different models have additional connection options (usb would be ideal for your situation).  

I read about Edifier here and all the positive things people had said were true.
I will also recommend the Vanatoo speakers. Outstanding value and excellent sound.  No additional sound cards needed just a decent USB cable.  I have both the “Zero” and the “One Encore”.  The Zero is used all over the house as it is very easy to move and employ its Bluetooth.  The One Encore are on my desk.  

I will also recommend the Vanatoo speakers. Outstanding value and excellent sound.  No additional sound cards needed just a decent USB cable.  I have both the “Zero” and the “One Encore”.  The Zero is used all over the house as it is very easy to move and employ its Bluetooth.  The One Encore are on my desk.   VidMate

My ex needed some speakers when we split and she got her own place. I recommended Edifier (available for $100-$500 on Amazon, etc.), and really enjoy them for the price when I've been over. They have amplification and a dac built in and can connect to your computer via bluetooth. Different models have additional connection options (usb would be ideal for your situation).  

Not sure of budget here. If between $300-800 I would run the USB from the PC direct into some Vanatoo speakers. They have a few models and all are power, have an internal DAC, and DSP setting if needed. They sound excellent and are easy to use. They have a subwoofer out so easy to add a subwoofer if so desired along with decent crossover settings.

thankyou u guys!!