AGD Audion GaN Class D In The House

During the last decade i have managed to try in my home 95% of the Class D amps offered to the public these include the so called break thru offerings of the last year or two. While there has been progress the class D signature remained and this included what was lacking in class D amplification.

When i heard about AGD i thought here we go again because i had been there and done that so many times with class D but the GaN tech had me intrigued so i bought a pair of the Audion amps, i thought i would give class D one more go.

I received the amps two days ago and have about twelve hours of listening. From the first minute onwards these amps had my full attention. There is no connection between this class D amp and class D i have heard in the pass no connection what so ever. Forget classes A, A/B, D or whatever this is just an excellent sounding amp, it delivers music that belongs at the upper levels of Hi End audio reproduction.

It`s only been a couple of days of listening but i`m so taken back at the quality of sound i just had to share. I will add more the more i listen, good or bad.
rh67
@mapman It's half marketing tool, half future upgrade path.  They take old tubes and put the amplifying transistors in it.  I believe at this point in time it's all for show, but eventually they'll release new amplification modules and you can just swap out the tube and get a whole new amplifier.  Pretty clever idea if it really does get used as such.  
And @twoleftears good to know Tvad liked them.  He's got trustworthy ears in my book.  
lalitk

Pre, built for me a one off Lampazator DHT/Dac, LTA pre and Supratek DHT/6SN7.

Speakers, Magico M3, Raidho D-1, DeVore Super 9`s and Wilson Watt/Puppy 5.1. These amps will be paired with the Wilsons there is some magic going on with the Wilson and M3`s when played thru these amps. Wife said that our house is starting to look like a stereo store so some of these speakers will be leaving but not the Wilsons.
mapman

True, it`s part marketing but also a brilliant way to upgrade the amp simply by replacing the tube. In Dec. 2020 the tube was upgraded to what AGD calls the MK11. I never heard the original tube so no idea of the extent of the upgrade.