One Cord To Rule Them All

I'm seeking advice for a power cord to go from the wall outlet to my PSA P10 power regenerator. It needs to be 1.5M / 5 ft. and have the ability to pass 600 watts for many hours per day. My current PC is a Pangea AC-9, and my budget is about $200 to $300. The candidates I have so far are: Pangea AC-9 SE Mk ll, Audio Envy Ocean 3, or a PS Audio AC10 (used for about $300). Any thoughts? ... Thanks
koestner
Interesting article. Caelin Gabriel moved out here to Bremerton back in the 90's to be near my great mentor Stewart Marcantoni who played a key role in helping launch Shunyata. Caelin even came over one night and did a demo of some of his new Powersnakes for a bunch of us. His Cobra is still on my Melody. 

His comments about diodes and their switching noise is insightful and mirrors what I have been saying for a very long time now, diodes are really important and contribute (or detract!) a lot to sound quality. The idea of the power cord as an extension of the power transformer and power supply is the kind of thing that happens when you devote whole decades of your life to something.
Thanks @mitch2 

@millerccarbon: exactly! Once someone introduced to me the concept of power cord being an extension of the component’s power supply, the first few feet, not the last, it was much easier for me to explain rationally what I was hearing. That was some 12-15 years ago or so.
“Once someone introduced to me the concept of power cord being an extension of the component’s power supply, the first few feet, not the last, it was much easier for me to explain rationally what I was hearing.”

@thyname,

Exactly! I always believed, power cables are the most important cables in your system, followed by speaker and interconnects. At the end of the day, they all make a difference in a well put together systems.
I signed up to respond to one thread, but I was amused enough by this thread and the very long copy and paste marketing speech by one of the cable companies. I am sure you feel very strongly about cables, Mr. thyname, but perhaps before cutting and pasting a long marketing blurb by a company whose bias can not be ruled out, you should ask yourself, am I qualified, to review this information, as posted, and be confident that it is correct, and does not present false of misleading information. I do not honestly think you can state that.

I have no doubt you were impressed by Caelin Gabriel wrote, however, I expect that electrical engineers and physicists, not to mention the odd audio component designer is shaking their head. To me, what he wrote, is predominantly word salad, often technically contradicts itself, and in many points is outright wrong. I find even its technical presentation of "electricity" points to perhaps a flawed understanding of power transfer and even circuits. Honestly, some of the things he wrote made me just shake my head, and not because I did not understand the topic, but I question whether Mr. Gabriel does.

After reading this article, I was curious about Mr. Gabriel's qualifications. I found what is written below, on 6moons, in his own words. Having interviewed hundreds of technical personal, I have my own take.  Equivalent to an EE degree is not an EE degree. I suspect he lacks some of the courses in fundamentals that make the difference between engineering and technician/designer.  The other thing I note is the lack of specifics. When I talk to accomplished technical staff, they don't make statements such as "I was involved with", they make clear statements about their roles and accomplishments in what they were involved with. It is how you tell the performers, from those that were just part of the team. 

You are of course free to keep believing in the gospel according to Gaelin, but I suggest being more selective of those you worship.

I was physical sciences major in college but couldn't quite finish my degree. Money issues. I then entered the military. They don't care about credentials at all. They just test you - thoroughly. They were duly impressed with my abilities and decided to send me to a secret Navy cadre. I obtained the equivalent of an electronics engineering degree and was assigned to a military division of the National Security Agency. The NSA is the governmental information-gathering agency, with the world's most elaborate high-speed computers and signal decoding equipment. We were involved with intense R&D of ultra-sensitive data acquisition systems. 

Subsequent to my military career, I became involved in the computer industry during the early Internet days under DARPA, working on network architecture. Later I became involved with the development of high-speed networking devices like the 1GB/s fibre-channel interface and the present 100MB/s and 1GB/s Ethernet devices. 

Do we have another version of Audio2Design? We’ll see....

So tell me “ausaudio” , what are your credentials and what business have you started in audio?