compliance

I noticed something quite interesting as I acquired more collections of tonearm and carts 

talking about medium compliance first. at tracking force 1.75 to 2.0 carts line contacts  easily tracks and do any condition vinyl without igd. slightly less detailed. 

high compliance 1.25g  to 1.5g line contact gets picky with the quality of vinyl. but when it's great vinyl condition it's great. or it will distort or sometimes mistrack. Epa100 tonearm. 

what do you think. or did I miss something in the high compliance? 
anthonya
I'm still happy. saved more than 500usd and earn some bragging rights.

I'm aware of the epc 205 issues. was told u can get jico ex and use in in mk3 or mk2L by jico. but technics already satisfy my curiosity.
also many people transplant jico ex into epc 100 easy to do

I have a good sample of Stanton 780 which I'm using now whic jico and retipping is easy, KenT mentioned it's almost same as original the jico replacement . 681eee with d1200 jico. 500al with original conical stylus.

most of this poor suspension can be solved by adding a drop of wintergreen oil let it soak a week and washed out with alcohol. 

was told my friend have Stanton 980 I will beg for it lol.. probably free. broken tip and get it rebuild 

Raul thanks for link, will get it. it's a great cart.. Best micro and depth is very clear. just worried another shot suspension. 
Your Stanton will never perform as original Stereohedron if you will rebuild it, you need an original stylus with Stereohedron tip. When manufacturer is using aluminum cantilever the only benefit of this cantilever is press-fit diamond. When someone glue a new tip to aluminum cantilever it’s nonsense. So in case with aluminum you need a whole new cantilever with factory press-fit diamond.

If you want to rebuild then you have to send it to UK (Expert Stylus & Co) for Paratrace stylus tip. This company is very old and now specialized in Stanton service. Ask them: [email protected]

You can’t transplant JICO SAS into Technics EPC-100 series, Jico is for 205 series and JICO SAS will cost you more than a better cartridge or very close to it. I’ve been using JICO SAS (BORON) long time ago on my 205c mk3.

In JAPAN ONLY Jico can retip Technics P-Mount mk4 series without replacing original Boron Pipe cantilever, but it’s for locals only (I have a bill from Jico for this job).

On Stanton you can use Pickering stylus, you need an original stylus.
If your model is Low Impedance then stylus from High Impedance is not compatible as far as I know.

The whole mess up with Technics cartridges is like knocking to the closed door or to a brick wall. You can simply use another enter quickly (another high-end MM cartridge).

My advice: stay away from any retipped or refurbished cartridges, it’s just a waste of time and money for nothing. Original cartridge (if it’s a good one) killing it!

The benefits of original Technics (impossible to find in good condition) is Boron Pipe cantilever and very low tip mass. Audio-Technics AT-ML180 has extremely low tip mass and hollow pipe boron (or beryllium) cantilever and MicroLine stylus. Grace LEVEL II BR/MR comes with Boron Pipe Cantilever and Micro Ridge Stylus! Those two cartridges are superior to original Technics for sure, I tried them all (original, not rebuilded sh**ty).

@chakster  follow all your advise closest possible. slowly collecting originals. I already tried replacement VS original and I know exactly what you mean. it just not right. even the newer stuff sounds better than oem stylus on legendary cart. but sometimes I try a stylus when someone who is experienced claimed its not much of a compromise. 

980 probably I will try needlestein.. he had tried himself going to expert stylus. and claim he know what he doing. or go expert stylus straight.

I was told. 980 is the low impedance version tommorow I will pick it up and see what I can do with it. I really dig the sound clip in youtube.. I was like wow... amazing

that's also why I haven't really moved in on technics stuff due to the ttdd suspension.. and stick with CiiL and not so much issues and still easy to get original stylus . furthermore I haven't manage to make it sound right until few days back. I rather have something that sound right rather than compromise.music must be music for me. 

still lurking the auction sites 
For low impedance version you need SUT or High Gain MC phono stage, I sold this cartridge long time ago when I compared it to Stanton Signature model CS-100 (it was much better in my system).

Now I have low impedance Pickering XLZ-4500 and XLZ-7500.

I bought original NOS pickering stylus not so long ago, it was D4000 new in the box. 

If you want your Stanton to be inspected or rebuild emal to Expert Stylus - they are the best for this cartridge and GBP exchange rate is low now.