About the importance of the room vs the electronics

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/acoustics-and-critical-listening/
Acoustics and Critical Listening.

As @ erik_squires and others have often mentioned ;  the room is often forgotten  . We  put too much amphasis
on electronics.
128x128maxwave
The room is the most important upgrade, the only one that matter in fact...

Sorry for those who cannot afford an audio room... 😁😊😁

Electronic design is NOT the most important factor in S.Q. increase... It is only conditioning market social conformity to think otherwise...

Ask any acoustician what they want to choose for great sound : the brand name of some speakers or the room acoustic control?

It is the only factor that exceed almost any upgrades...

All the story is in my thread...I created my room at peanuts costs.... Dont fall for costly acoustic products especially if you have a room dedicated to audio.... My solution are not esthetical perhaps but cost NOTHING at all...

Contrary to the saying of some sunday skeptics and "scientists" our ears are the real tool....I used them with  my own "no cost" mechanical equalizer.....

My best to you....
@mapman 
That is what ,your wife said ,on your wedding night.
And you have never got over it .
I don't know if saying which is more important, room vs. gear is the right way to go about this.

I think that if you are assembling a good system, you owe it to yourself to deal with the room early as best you can. 

Based on a lot of listening, both to audiophiles AND to systems I do believe that different consumers are more or less sensitive to the room.  That they can in fact hear fine differences in an acoustically messy environment.  Me, I absolutely cannot.  I need at least some room treatment before I can listen critically.

There's also the absolute truth that getting a good room often ends a lot of gear swapping and that you may end up with smaller, less expensive, but not less performing, gear as your room now behaves very well with a wide variety of gear.
setting up the system in the room and making sure it meshes with your room is as important as the electronics in the system. A lot of people waste much time and money chasing sound that setup and critical evaluation can fix instead of spending thousands on electronics.