About the importance of the room vs the electronics

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/acoustics-and-critical-listening/
Acoustics and Critical Listening.

As @ erik_squires and others have often mentioned ;  the room is often forgotten  . We  put too much amphasis
on electronics.
128x128maxwave
An average system in a very good room may sound better than a good system in a crappy room.

I think, the point of link up above was about the amount of money , we spend on upgrading cables , upgrading DAC , amplifiers , speakers , power conditionners  , etc.
A fraction of that amount used for room acoustic treatment may be a
better use of money. I see this as basic .
We have all experienced , expensive systems in audio show that sounded like Wallmart gears.
OP it is 1/2 the listening experience, but on the average less than 5% spent there.
I think those numbers are creeping up though.:-)

If Gear is all lumped into a pile and the (rest) environment you set up in is everything else.. It’s 1/2 the formula to get sound, without gear.

Just acapella, it is sound + the environment (the room). It could be an Amphitheater and one singer.. 50/50 I’d say...

Regards
The room is the most important upgrade, the only one that matter in fact...

Sorry for those who cannot afford an audio room... 😁😊😁

Electronic design is NOT the most important factor in S.Q. increase... It is only conditioning market social conformity to think otherwise...

Ask any acoustician what they want to choose for great sound : the brand name of some speakers or the room acoustic control?

It is the only factor that exceed almost any upgrades...

All the story is in my thread...I created my room at peanuts costs.... Dont fall for costly acoustic products especially if you have a room dedicated to audio.... My solution are not esthetical perhaps but cost NOTHING at all...

Contrary to the saying of some sunday skeptics and "scientists" our ears are the real tool....I used them with  my own "no cost" mechanical equalizer.....

My best to you....
@mapman 
That is what ,your wife said ,on your wedding night.
And you have never got over it .