Analog upgrade path

The source I’ve been using with my integrated amp is a Technics SL-1500 mk1. Well, I’ve recently decided to step things up and have acquired an ARC linestage, which does not have an onboard phonostage. Now I’m beginning to think that pairing my Technics with my new linestage might not be a well balanced match, quality-wise.

What I’m wondering is, where will my money be best spent? Buying a nice phono stage (been looking at the Black Ice F159 or ARC PH5) and sticking it out with the Technics, or upgrading to a higher end ‘table (been looking at the VPI Scout Prime or maybe LSA T-3) and running it through a budget phonostage. Obviously the optimal solution would be both, but that’s not in my budget currently.

thx for the feedback

rfnoise
There are many great moving magnet cartridges better than the Hanas.
In less expensive or older equipment with a lower signal to noise ratio high output cartridges will sound better and avoid the requirement for a more expensive phono stage. Moving coil cartridges do not come into their own until you are spending $4-5K on the cartridge and phono stage.
The high output Soundsmith cartridges match up with any $6000 moving coil setup. Don't let prices fool you. They are to separate markets. The $3000 "The Voice" is just a high output version of the $5000 Sussurro.
They are exactly the same except color and the Voice has a few more turns on its coils which are fixed! I asked Mr Ledermann why they were priced differently and his reply was, "different markets."  When asked why he even made low output cartridges he replied,"because that is what people want, They want to be able to use their expensive phono stages."
I would first upgrade the cartridge to an advanced stylus shape.

https://www.sound-smith.com/articles/stylus-shape-information

If you play it (MM or MC) thru your VA 1400 first, you will hear only the improved cartridge. 

Then, to use your two nice pieces, you need to get a phono stage as you know. I would go for one with inputs for two tonearms, MM input and MC input with options to accommodate your new cartridge and future new MC cartridges with different signal strengths and coil impedances.

You will definitely have a much nicer sounding system,

Well, this seems to be escalating quickly...
That Soundsmith Voice cartridge is well outside my budget. The article on stylus shape was certainly informative, however.
$4-5k was my (now very much blown) original budget for getting a complete system up and running lol.

Oh, my power amp’s s/n is 92.5db, since that was mentioned.

Any thoughts on the Goldring 2500? I’d been looking at that cart previously.
goldring.. 1042 is excellent mm cart. and it's cheap. 

It can do alot of things and alot to like for the price. hard to do any better below 1000 usd

I saw it trounce a high price Mc before
it's one of those cart that makes music sound like it supposed as intended. not too much not too little. I highly recommend it

basically kick nagaoka mp 500 out of the park too and some others. many upset people lol