Brainstorm Thursday. Are we approaching the Audiophile Singularity?

With how advanced computers, materials and manufacturing processes are becoming are we heading toward a time when everything will sound great but kind of the same? In pursuit of chasing measurements on paper and computer screens are we forcing sound into anemic territories? Or is flat is flat is flat is flat? 
Nothing to get serious about this is more for s's and giggles. Feel free to add any other brainstorming audio thoughts that could be fun to discuss! 

NoEverybody hears differently and enjoys divergent sounds. 
A pox upon sameness.
There's Us and Them, and then there is THEMUS!

That's right, a little of this, and a little of that, makes me a happy old fellow.

I love garlic, not everybody does.. :-)

Some people likes Twiggy, some people like Raquel Welch! Some people like BOTH and a FEW that don't like either.. Their loss..

Regards
With how advanced computers, materials and manufacturing processes are becoming are we heading toward a time when everything will sound great but kind of the same?

I can point to a number of brands which have lost their color in recent memory, but I can also point to a number which have not or which are pushing the envelope for distinctive sound signatures.

Speaker driver technology, subwoofers and better automatic room correction are not making things flat, but glorious, enabling modest systems to sound like giants.

I think there will always be some neutral point equipment dances around, and a variety of solutions especially in the speaker arena. I'm not worried about a singularity vanquishing variety any time soon.

Yup soon it will be like HD TVs. Except some will find all the detail and contrast irritating. Then digital signal processing options will take care of that as well. A little blur here, some softness there, some extra nice harmonics or contrast/dynamics and look ma, no tubes!