Music Servers, Do They Matter?

The Occasional Podcast host Brian Hunter is joined by digital designer and Innous Director Nuno Vitorin. 

In more analog mindset, does it make as much sense to evaluate a separate music server in the same terms as one might consider a cartridge to a turntable? In addition to thinking about the why, Nuno discusses much of the how – including where to get started and what to look for. 

The discussion starts at the very beginning of source material. Listen, learn and hopefully adapt your way to a better listening experience. 

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2021/03/23/top-talks-music-servers-how-everything-matters/?utm_source...
128x128lalitk
Yes, of course music servers matter. 

Every component in your system has the potential to degrade performance or keep it stable. 

Quality of parts - power transformers and motherboard quality are of the utmost importance. There is also storage/RAM latency/networking options etc. Go for one that is priced mid-tier. Not too cheap and not too costly.

No it makes no sense whatsoever to evaluate a music server like one would a cartridge or turntable.   It's totally different.
My "music server" is an inexpensive USB hard drive on my network.  Maybe I should have put more thought and money into it.  Or maybe not.