WILSON AUDIO.....BIG NAME, BIG PRICE........ARE THEY THAT GOOD?

Are Wilsons the best? are they worth the money? Looking at used watt puppy 8 or Sophia 3. 
jeffvegas
Post removed 
Good advice steakster. I’ve settled on MIT Matrix 60 bi-wire speaker cables - that are a match made in heaven with the W/Ps. And although I like tube amplification, I would like to find some Mark Levinson monos as a possible next step. Hard to believe the W/P and ML 33 monos were making beautiful music - over 20 years ago(!!).
First and foremost, Wilsons are a ugly Godforsaken eyesore. I have had them when i didn't know any better and have been glad to be rid of them. If you can get over the hospital machine look/ butt ugliness of them, they are really not that special and very clicky with electronics. If you had a keen ear, you will need to go through a lot of work to make them sound just ok! They are very dynamic, but, that alone simply doesn't cut it for me. There are a handful of other attributes they lack.  

I never missed them for a second after i got into engineering masterpieces such as TADs and Von Schweikerts that punch a Wilson down the drain anyday. 

My Kharma and Sonus Faber are light years ahead of that TAD and Von junk.
@inna , Kharma eh? LOL, i rest my case. Why don’t slap your Klipsch instead? Hee Haw  LOL