Cartridge for my friend

So a year ago or so I had replaced my Pro-Ject Carbon Debut with a Marantz TT-15 and I had posted here that I would buy a new cartridge for the Carbon and do a A/B to see if the Marantz purchase was worth it....
Well that never happened because I ended up selling the Pro-Ject to a good friend who is also a new and budding audiophile! So cool to see the excitement in all his new audio discovery!Anyway he has a nice little system going and he is retiring from work here in six weeks... I thought I do what I’d said I would and buy him a upgraded cartridge for his TT as a retirement present. Now it’s a small budget I’m working on and I know how fast cartridges can get out of hand price wise so I want to keep it under $750.
The TT came with a Ortofon 2M Red and I was thinking of going with a Ortofon 2M Bronze for him? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks for any insight that will help me get a perfect cartridge for my friend and a new member of our club!
264win
The Bronze is a solid choice, but I personally like the Nagaoka MP-200 around that price point.
I would seek out Teo Audios CBP cartridge, this is a reworked AT95 MM cart that comes with a bonded elliptical for $229.00 and a money back guarantee if not satisfied. I bought one and really love it, beat my AT ART9 and really gives my Grace F9 with Soundsmith OLC stylus upgrade a real run for it's money. Just upgraded the stylus to the ML but do not have enough time to say if the upgrade was worth the xtra $150.00 except for the 3 times predicted stylus life. Enjoy the music
There are many absolutely amazing cartridges at this price (under $750 as you suggested). 

One of them is Garrott p77i from Australia (if you want new). If you never heard about this one you’d better search. 

High-End classics like Sony XL-50, Grace F9 with F14 (RS14) stylus, Audio-Technica AT-ML170 OFC are stunning performers, unbeatable by new MM. 

Ortofon is not the answer, especially if you want something different (better). 

Dear @264win :  Ortofon is very good option and  comes from a very well regarded cartridge manufacturer.

Other really good option is this Nagaoka model:

https://www.lpgear.com/product/NAGAOKAMP300.html

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.