How do you choose your daily dose of music?

Sometimes I get music stuck in my head and just have to listen to it.  Other times during my daily meanderings I hear something (not necessarily music) that make me think of an album or song I want to hear.  Just a curious question.
Do you thumb through your library and choose or does one thing lead to another (this is typically my case)?
I certainly can find myself lost as in down the rabbit hole and it may last for hours. Do you find yourself going after music that is recommended here or other places, or by other people etc.  
Regards,
barts
128x128barts
2 480gb iPods - all loaded up full at 128K- for car, or small shelf system as background music in house. A small nightstand for night time sleep music. Can not fall asleep well if music is not playing. 
 1 metal/hard rock. 
 1 rock/blues/everything else. 
  Don’t have a proper routine, just grab one and hit shuffle. 

Interestingly, doctor's use this same method when prescribing your daily dose of medicine.
arcticdeth
2 480gb iPods - all loaded up full at 128K ...
How do you get 480 gigs on an iPod?
@cleeds 

bought them.There are larger ones, up to 1tb storage for using lossless songs.
  There are 560gb. Etc. 
fleabay. Some  use the SD cards which are faster and battery lasts a lot longer as no moving parts.  
 Love mine! 
  Look around  lot of them being sold.Most come with warranty from private sellers. 
arcticdeth
... There are larger ones, up to 1tb storage for using lossless songs.
  There are 560gb. Etc.fleabay. Some  use the SD cards which are faster ...
Thank you!