Has price of used 802N's shot up?

In 2010 last time when I was shopping for speakers I could see used 802N listed for $3500-$4000 all over on ebay or here or even craigslist. Now a days same speakers listed at &5500-$6000. Isn't it strange considering value should have come down in four years!!!
girish
I don't think the pricesof used 802N's have anything to do with the US/federal reserve/Asian Markets at all. As Mgattmch has mentioned, the 802D's are grossly overpriced and to many, not an upgrade at all including myself. Of course subject to personal taste. 802N's in my market are widely sought after but obviously are going to be cheaper than a brand new or used set of 802D's which makes the 802N's more attractive. It is all what the market is willing to pay and what the demands are. Yes the you can bring the whole debate about the economy affecting the price of the newly manufactured 802D's but I am willing to believe that the 2 speakers still speak for themselves. As mentioned earlier the introductory price for the 802D's was laughable as far as I am concerned. In fact the the whole B&W D series prices are ridiculous. C'mon a pair of 804D's the same price as a new set of 802N's when they were first introduced?
I sold a pair of 802N a few years back. I got so many offers I wish I had listed them for more....

The speakers have a very nice look and are well made.
I think it is a current trend to price items for more than they were just a year ago. this is not the only thread to mention higher prices for used gear. Demand must be up or supply is down or both.