Townsend springy platforms for my Sasha 2s, springs not ISOA GIAS, HRTs for electronics???

I noticed a lot of discussion recently about springs as OPPOSED to spikes, Iso acoustic GIAS or HRT supports. I may be way late to the party, but in tracking this down I discovered the company Townsend. The engineering may be complex but the working concepts are pretty easy to grasp, but do they work?  The company's suggestion was to remove my GIAS under my Sasha 2s and additionally add three platforms for my electronics, two under my ARC REF10 and one for my dCS Bartok. A 5K tweak is a lot but not out of the question. After all when a pair of Cardas interconnects is $4250, 4 to 5K for proper support for five components does not sound unreasonable if they make a significant contribution. Does anyone have experience in what I might expect these products will contribute? The pitch is to buy it all to get the best price, but is there a progressive implementation that makes sense? The company rep suggests replace the GIAS first, then source, preamp then amps. I can't wait to hear from the collective as while spring suspensions have been around forever on turntables, the trend I was aware of has been toward ridged coupling for speakers. Even my old Krell KSA  had factory spikes for the footers. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks if it sounds better!
128x128wokeuptobose
Yes they sure can. That was me last year. I was totally sold on cones and rigid vibration control. Springs were a hard sell but see my threads, the advantages were immediately obvious.

Ordinary springs like Nobsound are so good for the money, and I am a value-oriented audiophile, and Townshend are not cheap. But as good as springs are they do introduce color or resonance, even after careful tuning. The problem being ordinary springs are not damped. I went back and forth a while with John Hannant until it became clear Townshend was the answer to my "problems" if you can call better than just about anything else a "problem"!

You can see my recent system photos now https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 there are Pods under the turntable, phono stage, and amp. There are for now still ordinary springs under the subs. The Moabs are on Podiums.

These were done one at a time. Turntable first, completely eliminated all hint of resonance with a huge improvement in revealing the correct timbre of instruments and vocals. Everything just sounds a whole lot more like what it would in real life. Noise floor dropped too. Blacker backgrounds. Slightly deeper bass with greater physical slam.

I was doubtful Pods would make much difference under the tube amp and was surprised when they made an even bigger improvement than under the turntable! The phono stage was similar but sort of in between. So I can’t really say if there is a logical order to do them in, they just work everywhere.

Podiums are the most expensive so were saved for last. Was going to build a better platform for my DIY springs. But after hearing how much better Pods were, well why go to all that trouble for something not nearly as good? Smart move, the Podiums were the biggest improvement of all!

Well they should be for the money. Not cheap. But you do get what you pay for. Search around, there was someone recently who upgraded from Iso-Acoustics Gaia to Townshend and said it was well worth it they are much better. But I am afraid he may have posted that on the thread Ozzy started, which is a shame as Ozzy decided to delete that whole thread along with all the great information people had contributed to it. Oh well. My review thread is here https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/townshend-audio-podiums-the-full-review

The key as I put in my review, Max Townshend figured out a way to use just the right amount of damping to control the resonances that plague ordinary springs. Very clever design.

For sure you want Podiums under your speakers. Whether you use Pods or Podiums under the other components will depend on all kinds of things like the component, space and budget limitations, that kind of thing. If John Hannant or one of the others at Townshend is on it you are in good hands, everything he has said has checked out with me, big time.
+1.
Though I don't use the Podiums under my speakers, I do use them, Platforms and the Pods under my equipment- to great effect- tighter bass, and more articulation of the notes.
Worth the money, IMHO. And, they are built well and are attractive, too.
Bob
Post removed