Mods which don't harm re-sale

I'm considering getting some dynamat and dampening some gear, especially my CD transport. This leads to a general question: 

Which mods have you done to gear which -- when you went to re-sell it -- either did NOT harm it's resale value or even improved it? 

I'm not talking about different tubes, etc. but changes of caps, diodes, dampening, etc.

Re-sellers, what's your experience?
128x128hilde45
Both my speakers sold at a premium precisely because I had modded and upgraded them. So the idea mods trash resale is unfounded. It all depends on the mod, and the buyer. There is a saying with Porsche that when buying used you don't buy the car, you buy the owner. Because experience over time has shown there are guys with the skills to make even a Porsche way better than new- and there are also guys inept enough to ruin even a new bone stock 911.  

By far the most cost-effective mod I know is better diodes. The very best diodes cost a lot less than the very best caps, but the improvement in clarity, liquidity and image focus and air is at least as great as with any cap at any price. Manufacturers (and everyone else it seems) apparently think that because the diode is the first stage in the power supply that it won't matter everything will be smoothed out by the filter caps. Whatever they think all you have to do is swap em out to know they make a huge difference. 

Diodes are not all the same, and just like caps you cannot tell by value or spec but only by ear. Sorry, just the way it is. Michael Spallone tried a lot and so I paid him to do mine on my Active Shielding and the difference was night and day.  

The thing about mods is not so much resale as what it does to your upgrade path. A few of the right mods and your component is so much better it is very hard to find another one without moving up a solid level in performance- which usually means cost. Essentially what happens is your $500 DAC sounds better than a lot of $5k DACs, so where do you go? 

The stuff you are talking, dynamat, doesn't even rise to the level of a mod. A much better one by the way is fO.q tape. Or Synergistic ECT. Stuff you can easily avoid this whole issue by simply removing before selling.
I’m a Mac guy worst thing you can do is a BAD job, best thing you can have DONE is a good job. That being said, when I see a Mac full of yellow caps it just turns me off. I see one rebuilt with quality PIO, and Teflon Russian surplus, I’ll give SOMEONE more for the build.. I look at what was done (the parts) and the quality of their work.. DON’T drill holes in anything.. Just silicone it in place. Especially a Mac.. Some Vintage Mac guys are pretty Picky.

They will even gut an old bumble bee cap and load it with a better aftermarket (yellow LOL) cap and reseal it.. Those are 2-5000.00 rebuilds too.. Time is money.. Mac guys are NUTS.. LOL

Upgraded Tonearms will usually net you dollar for dollar too, sometimes more..

Regards
I think it's buyer dependent. Myself, I never even look at modded equipment, others it depends on the mod and who performed it and others it doesn't matter that much. 
If the equipment is older that upgraded power supply capacitors should be a value added.  Most mods and be removed but overall IMO adding capacitors like copper V-caps, Audio Note resistors, upgrading a volume control should be a good thing.
Richard Modaferri’s mods to McIntosh tuners certainly increase resale value