compliance

I noticed something quite interesting as I acquired more collections of tonearm and carts 

talking about medium compliance first. at tracking force 1.75 to 2.0 carts line contacts  easily tracks and do any condition vinyl without igd. slightly less detailed. 

high compliance 1.25g  to 1.5g line contact gets picky with the quality of vinyl. but when it's great vinyl condition it's great. or it will distort or sometimes mistrack. Epa100 tonearm. 

what do you think. or did I miss something in the high compliance? 
anthonya
Dear @anthonya : high compliance cartridges if are in perfect operational condition are not picky in any way or distort or even mistracking, no way my friend.

Now if the cartridge is in perfect operational condition then the problem could be in the tonearm it self or a cartridge/tonearm mismatch.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
anthonya
... medium compliance first. at tracking force 1.75 to 2.0 carts line contacts easily tracks and do any condition vinyl without igd. slightly less detailed. high compliance 1.25g to 1.5g line contact gets picky with the quality of vinyl. but when it’s great vinyl condition it’s great. or it will distort or sometimes mistrack ...
The terms "track" and "mistrack" are frequently misused.
How are you measuring the cartridge’s tracking ability? If you want to do this reliably, you’ll need a test record.
You forgot to mention your cartridges, or do you think they are all the same if they are high compliance (or low)? 
@anthonya : If a cartridge distort or mistrack and is well mated with a good operational tonearm the that cartridge could has a suspension problem or a stylus tip problem or a bad cartridge/tonearm set up and must be fixed.

R.
I sometimes think that some of the virtues of the vintage MM and MI cartridges (and I do believe that some of them are magical) are inextricably associated with the fact they were high compliance, could track at very low VTF, etc. "Like buttah".