Has price of used 802N's shot up?

In 2010 last time when I was shopping for speakers I could see used 802N listed for $3500-$4000 all over on ebay or here or even craigslist. Now a days same speakers listed at &5500-$6000. Isn't it strange considering value should have come down in four years!!!
girish
You can find them on the net, China announced it was going to reduce the size of its 4 trillion foreign reserve balance sheet. As far as gold and silver being money, that's debatable depending in the country you are in perhaps, although according to the constitution, ONLY gold and silver is legal tender, since 1971 when Nixon took us off the gold standard the government has been openly defying the constitution.

As far as talking about goods and services, two things hamstring the economy from expanding its goods and services.

1) Government regulation (which increases every election cycle)

2) The price of money. Interest rates are the most important thing in an economy as it prevents mal-investment, and signals people to save in order to generate financing for capital investment. Unfortunately our gigantic, ever-expanding leech of a government cannot finance its own debt with tax revenue, so it pushes down interest rates so it can pay the interest on its own debt at the expense of the rest of the economy.

Remember, 20% of the economy were manufacturing jobs, the entry-path to the middle class as recent as 2001. Today they represent 4% of jobs, and keep dwindling, as our traitorous government keeps cracking down on unions and pile more and more regulations on our employers today for the benefit of a few lobbyists and continue to drive our jobs overseas. Most employers will tell you the cost of regulation is driving jobs away, not the cost of labor.
I have noticed that prices have gone up as well. The N802's have always held around 50% value of original list and that does seem to be creeping up a bit. This is a strong performance that many other established brands fail to match.
So what factors make this possible? Here's my thoughts on the subject. 1. The styling is unique and many people find them attractive. 2. The original base plates on the N802 are more attractive than the later versions. 3. The speaker is a strong performer in a combination 2 channel and theatre system. 4. They are still competitive soundwise with new speakers in the 4-5K price range.
I don't think the pricesof used 802N's have anything to do with the US/federal reserve/Asian Markets at all. As Mgattmch has mentioned, the 802D's are grossly overpriced and to many, not an upgrade at all including myself. Of course subject to personal taste. 802N's in my market are widely sought after but obviously are going to be cheaper than a brand new or used set of 802D's which makes the 802N's more attractive. It is all what the market is willing to pay and what the demands are. Yes the you can bring the whole debate about the economy affecting the price of the newly manufactured 802D's but I am willing to believe that the 2 speakers still speak for themselves. As mentioned earlier the introductory price for the 802D's was laughable as far as I am concerned. In fact the the whole B&W D series prices are ridiculous. C'mon a pair of 804D's the same price as a new set of 802N's when they were first introduced?