Streaming Sound Quality - Want the very best sound quality? Network Acoustics ENO...

Like many of you fellow Agoners I am striving to get the best sound quality out of my digital streaming front end. To that end I have invested in various high end switches, re-clockers, ethernet cables, various USB filters/re-clockers, high end servers and delved into fiber optic conversion configurations. All of these measures did improve sound quality at varying levels. I felt my system sounded as good as a decent CD transport on many streaming recordings in Qobuz. However, I still felt there was something missing. I felt my system was still being held back. You can see my system under virtual systems here.

Well, I stumbled across something that has finally enabled my digital system to be all it can be. I cannot fully express the level of sound quality improvement realized with the addition of the Network Acoustics ENO Ag filter and ENO Ag streaming ethernet cable. It has been 10 days now since I added these to my system and I can now confidently say my streaming and system are all they can be sonically.

Here is the set up that has caused me to sell off and move past many other powered filters, reclockers, fiber optic options, and other streaming tweaks and gadgets. Frankly, the ENO additions are miles ahead of these other options sonically in my system and experience. Miles. This is my personal experience and please understand this perspective.

Netgear NighHawk modem/router power by an LPS > Supra cat 8 ethernet cable > English Electric 8Switch > Network Acoustics ENO Ag streaming cable > ENO Ag ethernet filter > Innuos Zenith III > Mojo Audio Evo dac

The English Electric 8Switch is also wonderful. Will a lower cost, standard switch sound as good in this set-up? Not sure as I have not tried. I am so ecstatic with my sound system that I don’t want to touch it!

There is a certain rightness from top to bottom that’s intoxicating. The tone is so beautiful and natural with no hint of electronic glare or digital artificiality. Music flows with far greater ease and has an uncanny, unforced nature to it. The stage is far deeper with the music flowing from a plane that is layered and completely separate of the speakers. This aural sensation, at this level of nuance, is new to my system and experience. The ENO products made this possible.

Instruments are presented with a new realism that is arresting to my senses. There is a wholistic presentation that spreads out all around me and my space. Just a joy to experience. Yes, the speakers seem to float the music into my space without any attention or localization of the speaker box or physical presence.

No part of frequency spectrum is out of place or forced. I am sure this has to do with the absence of noise. My music is equally articulate and resolved at low or loud volumes. Music stays controlled and enticing no matter how complex or bombastic the recording.

The ENO filter is passive, not powered, so there is no need of any power supply or plug. This is a huge plus.

Hope you streaming audiophiles find this helpful.

Bill
128x128grannyring
I’m intrigued, but am unsure if I’ll enjoy the benefits of others. I have a Nighthawk router w/ the WiFi turned off.  I connect a google router into the Nighthawk and operate a 3 zone mesh system so that I can plug my streamer into one of the WiFi points via Ethernet. I did this as i needed the extended range for work and can’t run an Ethernet cable from the nighthawk across the house.  

I really don’t know if I’m isolating my streamer from the EMI/RMF noise others are picking up w/ a long cat 5 cable.  I do have a lengthier Ethernet cable from the WiFi point than needed so will probably try the NA cable there. 

I’m happy to reach out to NA but want to hear from experienced users first.

Best, 
@mgrif104 

I would suggest inserting ENO Ag Filter between Google Mesh (located near) your Auralic G2.1 streaming / DAC. You are very likely to hear audible improvements from ENO there. 

BTW, you have a very nice audio system. If you decided to get ENO, please post your feedback. 
@lalitk 

Thanks much.  I’ll reach out to Network Acoustics tomorrow to get a unit coming my way to try. 

And, talk about a nice system - I looked at yours!
I have my ENO Ag and cable coming. They’re back ordered, but I’ll report to the group my findings.  I also decided to take the plunge on an upgrading my network and found a source to get the English Electric switch. That’s also back-ordered about 3 weeks. (I couldn’t pull the trigger on the Melco and SoTM switches which are really pricey).  I’ll also report my findings on the switch as well.

Happy listening all,
mgrif104
@grannyring 

"I just added the Network Acoustics USB cable and to say I am impressed is a huge understatement. Easily the finest USB cable I have heard in my system. Their products are world class and a great find for those of us with streaming front ends."

Seeing that I think that your Acoustic BBQ USB cable is the best of the several I have used in *my* system, that's really saying something!

More on topic:  I have a Sonore Signature Rendu SE with the optical connection.  I run copper to the etherRegen B side and, from its A side, optical to the Rendu.  My system never has sounded better.

If I understand the posts in this thread, mine, with an optical to optical segment, is the one type of network wired connection that the ENO won't help.  Am I reading this thread properly?

If I am, is the NA ethernet cable still useful and helpful between my RJ-45 wallplate connector and the etherRegen B side RJ-45 connection or does the subsequent optical segment make it as unnecessary as the ENO?