Has price of used 802N's shot up?

In 2010 last time when I was shopping for speakers I could see used 802N listed for $3500-$4000 all over on ebay or here or even craigslist. Now a days same speakers listed at &5500-$6000. Isn't it strange considering value should have come down in four years!!!
girish
802s come with or without diamond tweeters. The more expensive speakers might be the diamond tweeter variant.
There has been a lot of praise for the N802 speakers over the years, the Diamond series are not necessarily a big improvement over the regular Nautilus series. I believe these two factors are making the N802 speakers worth having, even at a premium price. Just my opinion, I would love to hear other peoples thought on why the N802 have become so expensive on the used market.

Personally I use N801 in my system (Oppo 105, Krell HTS 7.1 and Krell TAS) and they sound great to me.
It also could be due to significant increases in the list prices. A few years back, I bought a pair of Harbeths for 4K - now up to 6K. That makes a difference in the used prices as well.
Just wondering out loud here -- B&Ws like other import items may have increased in price as a result of unfavorable currency movements of the US dollar versus the British Pound Sterling and/or the Euro. I don't follow the B&Ws, but I do follow Paradigm speakers which are a Canadian import.

Perhaps some may recall not so many years ago when the one (1) Canadian dollar was worth only $.70 US dollars. Today, the currencies trade at near parity. So ... do the math. A pair of Paradigm S8s might have retailed in the US for $6000 when the exchange rate was 1 Cnd dollar = .70 US dollars. Forgetting inflation, those same speakers might retail for $8700 today, which btw, isn't far from reality (MSRP of $9K).

And forget the fact that Paradigm can achieve operating efficiencies that alude most smaller American based companies, plus lower labor costs to boot.

I've read that the cost of Chinese made audio gear is increasing too -- for many of the same reasons just mentioned. If this trend continues, domestic companies may get to a tipping point where they bring the work back home. Bless the free market.
It is not just B&W, this is happening to a lot of used audio gear. Mainly due to the sky-rocketing prices of new gear, and the weakening USD.