New-ish to Audiogon Forums... Is it always like this?

I have been trying to be more involved in the forums over the last couple weeks, and I'm noticing a trend already. It seems that when someone asks for a recommendation for a piece of equipment, they provide little to no room/system context. In a couple threads, I've asked the OP to provide more information, such as system information, preferences, requirements, and the like, and ended not getting much more information. The thread ends up being a running list of members' favorite gear, whether it really helps the OP or not. Is this the norm? If so, I'll probably stop trying to be more involved.
128x128daveman2
In my personal opinion this forum offers marginal utility, primarily in the form of entertainment, but occasionally members do make suggestions for products I was previously not familiar with.  Information can be gleaned from every forum in that way. But honestly, I’ve never looked at Audiogon as a resource for great system advice. It’s bottom of the barrel in that regard. Anyone that has participated in other forums like Audiocircle or the Steve Hoffman forums will probably understand what I’m talking about. I’ve received infinitely more useful information and advice on those other forums, comparatively. There are a few members on here that offer legitimately good and RELEVANT advice to people and I certainly take time to read their posts but a vast majority of threads are a complete waste of time and energy. If I had to thin out my forum memberships this would definitely be the first one to go. Just saying. 
I too am strongly repelled by those who are unkind, rude, denigrating, or aggressive with their posts.

Please, go away.
@indyvw,  interesting comment! My experience with audiocircle and stevehoffman.tv has led me to find value mainly in a couple of niches. Hoffman's site has been for me great when searching for discussion about a particular music release (e.g. how does the new digital master compare to the vinyl remaster vs. original pressing of xyz?) 
With audiocircle I've encountered a skew towards many vintage gear owners knowledgeable on stuff like "replacement/DIY options for VPI record cleaning machines)". Perhaps I'll start browsing new topics there and see where it leads.

Separately, I agree with comments that references to systems from both OPs and responders makes for much more insight. I'd love it if all users were required to upload their system and if all posts automatically showed links to their systems alongside the usernames.
Cheers,
Spencer
There is a ton of gear out there. I have a great time going through it via articles, videos etc. if I were to ask these guys here for recommendations I’d fully expect them to wax poetic about their favorite stuff. Then I’d research the interesting sounding pieces on my own. 
If a poster doesn’t want to give context then I’d seek it out in user reviews and articles. 
No response is annoying though. I get that.