Do you have a "Music" Friend?

I don't mean a friend who you B.S. about audio equipment with, but someone that will sit down and do some 'serious' listening with you. You and they pick an artist or specific album or two (varied genres even), and just sit and listen. Basically someone who knows when to just shut up and just listen to the music? I've had a few friends like that in the past, but not one of my current friends know how to just sit and listen for even 20 minutes. It's always background music or just one favorite  song they like. My wife for instance lasts about 1 song before bringing up something she saw at HomeGoods. Is this a lost concept or am I just not hanging out with the right people? 

128x128deadhead1000
2 of my cousins will hang w me til wee hours of the morning just listening to music. Should hang w them more. 
 My old friend (Asit) rip my friend. Would have a couple drams of 21, 25, or 30 year scotch from time to time, sharing music at each other’s house. God, I miss my friend, you took him away too early. 
 Every time I play one of his albums he is there in the room with me. “Should you ignore, and forget your old friends, then they are truly dead” 
much like my Father, friend, Aunt’s & uncle’s .....
my cousin told me this after the passing of my aunt. It has been in my mind since.  
  “One never gets over the passing of a cherished loved one, we simply learn to live with it”
    Great words!!

Music on my friends!

This is a marvelous thread that's brought out sincere and thoughtful posts. We may disagree on many things, but we all agree on the fact that having a "musical friend" is special.

I recall when there were stereo stores, record stores, and even two high end emporiums in my vicinity. Me and my musical friend made the rounds and discussed what we had auditioned. Every week we bought records and listened to them at his place or my place; of course libations always went with the music.

Presently, I listen alone. Since I'm happiest living in the past, I deal with the present the same way I deal with Covid-19, I avoid it when I can.

BTW, I just received from Musicdirect: Clifford Brown, and Max Roach- Study In Brown 180g Vinyl LP;   Lee Morgan- Search For the New Land (Vinyl LP) and Roberta Flack- First Take 50th Anniversary Edition. I plan to have a very pleasant evening and hope you do likewise.
Good question that made me stop and think a whille. Interesting, but I could remember moments when I was much younger listening different music with different friends, exploring, sharing or showing some new things. Nowdays, when I have some company that comes to ’listen’, usualy very soon they say that they want to ’listen’ the system, instead of music, something that often I find very strange, but it is perhaps because very few people reallly like jazz music. On the other hand, if I am out somewhere, getting into mood with non audiophile people,(does anybody really hangs out with audiophiles in the real word or talks with them about anything else but hi fi?)  we tend to listen music more, but its always in connection with certain type of happening we are into...more about atmosfhere, than about music. Again, great question, now will think more about it...why is it so

I was very fortunate to have had two music/audiophile friends and one musical friend that appreciated good sound, for several years. Unfortunately, age has caught up with them, so two of them feel they’re too far away to travel 40 miles to my house, and I, due to a medical issue, have temporarily stopped driving.
That leaves one friend that I get together with about once a month. Only problem is he can’t drive either so his wife (who was a singer) drives him and she and my wife stay in the room while we’re listening.  Not an ideal situation!
@alexatpos 
Yep. I listen alone. It's not sad, just lonely when a great lyric or a great solo comes along. I agree a lot of folks don't listen to Jazz anymore, their loss of course. But I don't think it's any particular genre that will get you more or less music friends. It simply might be not enough 'stimulation' for people now-a-days. As @lwin mentioned, people will sit for hours in front of a movie.
Glad you like the thread @orpheus10  not sure yet if it makes me feel good or bad that others are in the same boat as I am....