Where does it end?

When I got back into audio in 2014, I felt extravagant paying about $1K for a Rega RP-3.

Last month I spent $4,300 on a pair of *used* speaker cables.
john_g
Having a hard time understanding the question. What do you mean, "end"?
Payment pains.. They come they go... Then you deliver. OUCH..

Really want to spend money start changing spouses.

They get all the equipment and you get the bill, your doing fine.

LOL 

Regards
Last month I spent $4,300 on a pair of *used* speaker cables.
You just got started...why do you want it to end? :-)
You have to understand what makes a system sound better to you and there in is the issue with most people.  Comes back to tubes versus SS, copper/silver.  Once you figure out what makes something sound better you don't have to chase sound.  For a few bucks and knowledge you can change resistors, capacitors, AC filter chokes, etc.  Component design such as point-to-point wired, separate power supply, quality of transformers, etc.

Happy Listening.
I don’t know where "the end" is. Not in terms of price. Not in terms of things you can do. Not even in terms of self-serving virtue-signaling posts. (Look how great I am! I can afford expensive stuff!)

I will however venture that when it gets to where you’re paying $300 for 1.5ml of goop in a test tube (that nobody knows what it is, or how it works, and they don’t even make any more anyway, yet it is the hottest thing and everyone who is anyone wants it), with a microscopic brush and surgical gloves required for application, you are still nowhere near the end. But roughly I would say maybe about halfway there. In all respects.