Do you have a "Music" Friend?

I don't mean a friend who you B.S. about audio equipment with, but someone that will sit down and do some 'serious' listening with you. You and they pick an artist or specific album or two (varied genres even), and just sit and listen. Basically someone who knows when to just shut up and just listen to the music? I've had a few friends like that in the past, but not one of my current friends know how to just sit and listen for even 20 minutes. It's always background music or just one favorite  song they like. My wife for instance lasts about 1 song before bringing up something she saw at HomeGoods. Is this a lost concept or am I just not hanging out with the right people? 

128x128deadhead1000
I sure do. One of my best friends for decades has the same bug I do. We always go to Axpona together as well. To top it off we have the same musical tastes. Makes it a lot of fun! Bourbon always finds a way to join us as well.
Not in 40+ years. When me and my friends were in our early twenties, we would spend entire evenings playing records, but by the mid 1970's I was burned out with my buddies' perennial fixation with hippie rock blues.  I'd put on Lou Reed, David Bowie or Gustav Mahler and all I'd see were grimaces. 
@EDCYN687 Regardless of my nickname, I was and am open to all music. Yep, been about 35-40 years for me too. I had one friend who loved the Doors and Springsteen, I myself never put them on, but had no issue with sitting and listening. Lou is/was great, Mahler is in my top five of classical.
@arch2 - I am jealous.
I am fortunate that I have 3 music friends that enjoy listening to music for hours. They each have slightly different tastes which is great. The only problem is none of them live close so overnight stays are usually the norm which is fine. I would love to have additional music friends but I get the feeling that people today have too many distractions and to sit down and listen to music for a few hours is just not how they would like to spend their time. Nobody however has a problem watching a concert or movie on my system which I find interesting. 
2 of my cousins will hang w me til wee hours of the morning just listening to music. Should hang w them more. 
 My old friend (Asit) rip my friend. Would have a couple drams of 21, 25, or 30 year scotch from time to time, sharing music at each other’s house. God, I miss my friend, you took him away too early. 
 Every time I play one of his albums he is there in the room with me. “Should you ignore, and forget your old friends, then they are truly dead” 
much like my Father, friend, Aunt’s & uncle’s .....
my cousin told me this after the passing of my aunt. It has been in my mind since.  
  “One never gets over the passing of a cherished loved one, we simply learn to live with it”
    Great words!!

Music on my friends!