2. If wireless router is needed, separate router for wifi
3. only streamer, NOTHING ELSE connected 
4. use LPS to feed router
5. use shortest possible quality cable to streamer
6. use Acoustic Revive RLT-1 filter on spare router or streamer port
7. wrap router and LPS in EMI/RFI shielding material
8. use EMO EN70-HD filter near streamer for ethernet connection
9. use quality shielded cable between router and internet access point

All of these will individually improve your streaming SQ, in aggregate the effect is significant
Enjoy the music
antigrunge2
Yeah turns out proper shielding is a thing. I wrote about improving my streaming experience but hadn't tested the effects on the rest of the system:https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/bluesound-node2i-and-wifi-frustrations-mesh
Turns out having the mesh node in the stereo cabinet is a bad idea with regards to my C-J Premier 6 pre-preamp... It's VERY sensitive to EMI. So I either need to move the mesh node across the living room and run Cat5 or shut down the node to play vinyl. *facepalm*
Happy listening.
@musicfan2349,

You can certainly turn off the node during vinyl playback or alternatively place the ERS on top or around mesh. I am using a small cut-out on top of my Apple router. 
https://www.stillpoints.us/index.php/product/ers
I understand the possibility of interference when electronic components are very close, but besides that, why so much concern? Digital packets either arrive, or they don’t. For instance, a few feet and a few dozen feet mean nothing to data integrity. Turns out they do matter if you want your buy to be first in the stock exchange. But again, that’s an issue of a data packet being first, not of it losing integrity or not arriving.

I’m genuinely curious. To those of you who have noticed a difference from this kind of effort? What percentage of the total music experience does this add? If your current listening experience is considered 100%, does this add 50% better sound, 10%, 0.5%? If it’s a low percentage, how are you sure that it’s real and not perceived? Again, I’m being genuine here, not snarky.
@ohmy,

the issue isn‘t about loss of data but rather about EMI/RFI as well as ground level noise getting into the system alongside the data and subsequently messing with analogue stages. This manifests itself with harsh treble, reduced imaging and a generally washed out, less dynamic presentation. Hence the lengths to which I have gone on keeping them out. Hope that helps.
ohmy
Digital packets either arrive, or they don’t ... I’m genuinely curious. To those of you who have noticed a difference from this kind of effort? What percentage of the total music experience does this add? ... if it’s a low percentage, how are you sure that it’s real and not perceived? Again, I’m being genuine here ...
The notion that you can describe an improvement in a percentage doesn’t make sense to me. There’s just no standardized measure. On the other hand, if someone says, for example, "it improved the bass a lot," that’s something to which most people can relate. Or, as @antigrunge2 wrote above, there is "harsh treble, reduced imaging" without it.

If you’re genuinely curious about this tweak, why not try it for yourself and report back?
More to discover