Interconnects—Just a thought.

Like what I’m guessing is a good number of people on this forum, at least the less wealthy members, I have a CD player (NAD C538) sitting on top of an integrated amp (NAD 316). Speakers are KEF LS50. Classic junior audiophile setup. Just bought a new set of interconnects: Schiit Audio RCA cables. $20 for six inches. 

I have no idea, nor do I much care, whether these cables are any good. Being a Schiit product, I assume that they’re solid and a good value. I believe that their strongest selling point is their length. On the off chance that cables make a difference, I’ve got to believe that—even though these were cheap—they can’t do much damage in six inches. Seems to me that an awful lot of people have three meter runs when they can get away with much less. And to beat Mies van der Rohe’s maxim ifurther into the ground, I have to believe that when it comes to cables, less is more. 

Anyway, whatever part the interconnect is playing, the system sounds great.

(Actually, while I’m genuinely trying to be helpful, I have to confess to faux ignorance above. I know exactly how much cables matter and so does anyone else that has studied acoustic science for 10 minutes. I can’t understand how this controversy has raged for so long when the answer is both simple and obvious. Google “perception of sound,” read a little, and, whichever side you’re on, make fiends with the person across from you.”

paul6001
Recall "Fuller" Hi-Fi cables from the late 70's (might be slightly off on name - but "sounds like/resembles").

Heavy gauge stranded copper wire in a clear jacket.

The company may have been based in Orange County, CA.

DeKay
@stereo5

Weren’t Fulton Brown and Gold the first audiophile speaker cables? At least that what my dealer told me back in 70’s. They were basically heavy gauge (6 & 12) lamp cord and not much better sounding either.
Jay Leno is an autophile. He once talked about Ferrari, and how they recommended that you use only their Ferrari branded oil at $80 a quart. He said that he knew damn well that Ferrari didn't make oil, so that means it comes from someone else, and that someone else was probably one of the major motor oil providers. Sure, he can afford to pay that price, but he refused, simply because his knowledge and common sense told him that the top dollar major brand at $8 or $10 a quart had the same viscosity as that "special" Ferrari oil and would provide the same protection. Adding more digits after a dollar sign doesn't guarantee more value, it just fools some people into thinking they are getting more.
I honestly never heard of Fulton Brown or Gold.  Was it a regional brand or major brand?
Major brand, though possibly west coast only.

I bought mine in Seattle and if I remember correctly, they made interconnects as well.
I just Googled it and they have an Audiogon forum discussion on them.