Schitt Saga tube buffer preamplifier gain?

I pulled the trigger on the Schiit Saga preamplifier. Why is the gain (volume-output) so low? It is amazing with the one tube. Love it except not much gain in the output stage. Can I tube roll and get a different tube to make a difference? Out of the box it is pure tube sound (buffer). My goal is to get a Schiit Freya + and be set. I hope that is not the same. You guys know so much on this forum. Thanks?
128x128arichison
I only have digital sources that already exceed the input sensitivity of my amps (1.2V). More preamp gain wouldn’t help my system so the Saga+ works fine for me. I have noticed slight differences in gain with different tubes but not enough to matter. I’m not sure how much “tubiness” it imparts with the hybrid tube/SS buffer because I don’t have much personal experience for comparison.
if you have a low level source or want what should be more tube character, the Freya+ has 12dB of gain. If you’re still in your 15 day trial, I think Schiit waives at least part of the restock fee if you’re trading up. 
The Saga has no gain. Your source component needs to have enough voltage to drive your amp.
I wonder why Schitt did not provide any gain in the saga like they did the Freya plus. Maybe I can send it back and put the money toward the freya plus. I have read / heard that the Freya Plus arrives sometimes not able to play out of the box. I guess I will take my chances. I want some tube magic but dont have a lot of funds. Got a family and house to take care of. thanks guys for letting me know. 

Saga works really really well as a preamp for my Shitt headphone amp when using decent headphones. Nice sound. Grado and other highly detailed headphones work best. 
The Saga and the Freya serve different purposes. Though both can be used to drive an amplifier.  They are not equally compatible with every system however.

The Saga is a passive pre with a tube buffer that can be switched in or out.
The Freya is a true active preamp. IMO having a reasonable amount of gain.