Ethernet cables

Hi,
Looking to upgrade my ethernet cables without breaking the bank.  Currently using WireWorld which are adequate but lack sparkle and weight.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
MP
mpomerantz
May I kindly suggest you stay away, then?
Two real authorities in digital product development make the scientific argument that more things matter than the Bits-are-Bits nonsense you are espousing and you still deride people capable of hearing that as charlatans. Enough is enough, my last comment on this obstructionist tosh.
Post removed 
I use Supra Cat8 was a big lift here on Spotify and Streaming via Wifi... Hi rez and flacs...

Ive changed all my setup after. turned off enhancers and so on....

The old was a bended tortured Utp Cat4 freebee from an old Huawei Router.. 
Well, I recently was provided with a high enough speed internet to allow hi-rez music streaming. I am about to purchase a Bluesound streamer to be connected to router via ethernet cable. I purchased the Monoprice Cat8 cable as it was of higher quality than the most basic yet very inexpensive. I am new to streaming and have much to learn. I consider the Monoprice 'entry level'. Once I have become familiar with the Bluesound via ethernet as played in my system I then will consider options to improve sound, probably by improving the cable. The Supre8 seems like a good candidate.

@mesch That’s a sensible approach. That’s what I did with digital cables and power as well over the past year as I was open to WHETHER cables and power make a difference, but wanted to spend as little as possible for a given level of subjective sound quality. This is what I listened to in my own system (with cables loaned by friends so I had no out-of-pocket expense for listening to these other than the Jitterbug that I had already and Supra Cat 8 cable). My objective was to figure out how little I could spend and still get pretty decent sound.

• USB cables: generic HP USB printer cable (straight out of a HP printer box, Belkin Gold, Pangea Premier SE, Shunyata Venom, Phasure Lush
  • Power cord (for Denafrips Ares II DAC): $17 Tripp-Lite Heavy Duty 14 gauge power cord, Shunyata Venom, Audience Forte F3, Synergistic Research UEF Black
  • Noise filters: Audioquest Jitterbug
  • Ethernet cables: AmazonBasics Cat 6, Supra Cat 8
  • Power: $75 car battery jumpstart pack to power a Qutest DAC & compared to the stock Qutest switch-mode power supply

First up was the generic HP USB printer cable, because ’bits-are-bits’ right? That cheap HP cable sounded absolutely horrible and opened my eyes to the impact of cables on a system. Perceptions were: Sound feels shut-in and veiled. Trailing edge of notes have an overhang. Treble is a bit harsh. Bass sounds tubby

Low priced products that were pretty good:
  • Tripp-Lite Heavy Duty 14 gauge power cord: This seemed to be quite good sounding with any differences from the Synergistic cable not immediately obvious unless I focus more on differences.
  • Belkin Gold: It doesn’t sound bad, but the more expensive USB cables clearly sounded better without having to go back and forth on cables at all. (other than the Pangea cable)
  • Jitterbug: This made a surprisingly noticeable improvement for a $60 product. FWIW, I just heard on The Hi-Fi Podcast that the Jitterbug tends to clean up high frequencies better and the EtherRegen does better for low frequencies.
  • $75 car battery jumpstart pack: Immediately noticeable benefits over the stock Qutest switch mode power supply are lower noise, better flow to music, smoother tones (less harshness), better flow. better pace. Using the battery pack provides the same character as with the standard power pack, but more refined.
Thinking back to all of these changes, turning off WiFi and using Ethernet made the biggest improvement. Switching from the AmazonBasics Cat 6 Ethernet cable to the Supra Cat 8 cable made the 2nd biggest improvement.