members and their systems

for the short time I have been on here, I see that members will start a thread asking about a certain piece of equipment or speakers..       they will then buy that piece of equipment / speakers, start a thread about it saying how good it is and then next thing you know, they are starting another thread asking about another piece of gear as they are looking for something different.           what happened to that piece of gear that was so great ?       
  i get the whole buying thing....but where are members getting the money to do all of this stuff ?       do they not have other bills such as rent / mortgage payment, car payment, other bills to pay for also ?
birdscantrow
There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing money for toys, otherwise known as a credit card, as long as you have the ability to pay it back. It is also important that you buy  something that you know you will keep for years to come. There is "No" damage done by using a credit card with "zero" percent say for 18 months....the bank makes "zero" additional  money. You pay back exactly what you spent, no more no less! Keep it all within reason without going nuts and it is easily manageable and you have your stuff before your dead and buried. 
oldhvymec

My friend Hank, a fellow train commuter said it this way:

We should start out as president of the company, when we have the youth to enjoy it, and work our way to the mailroom.
OPM is fine for a house. Cash is king for everything else. Started working at 13. I didn't stop until my body was broke and my account was flush. :-)

I took 3 vacations in that time.. I made sure my family was well taken care of. Every year they went and enjoyed what they deserved. I was proud to do it to. Still am.. I got  a great family. God, Family, Country. What else is there?

Still collection on the broken body part, ba$tards. Bone fragment in my neck.. Yup broken neck.. BUT the ears work just fine..

Hands not so much.. we're workin' on it..  oldhvymec 1, them ZERO. I won.. MY MARBLES, NOW... Just no heavy bag work anymore, so what, I wasn't lookin' for a Title shot anyways.. I'll leave that to Rocky 13 or 14, where ever that's at now.. 

Regards..
Started working at 16. We had no kids. Wife made me us save a lot each year. Let it just ride and now retired with no debt high net worth so I tell her what did we save for all those years if we cannot enjoy it now...! So I got back into high end stereo a couple of years ago....!
I bought and sold some audio gear between 1983 and 85 in the process of putting together a system I lived with for 26 years. During that time I continued my education, worked full time, raised 3 kids and put them through college. Over the last 10 years of retirement I have been buying and selling many components in the process of gaining a personal education towards a hobby I enjoy and a system to enjoy it through. 

I thank many on this forum for their help in this endeavor. Truly miss AL.