members and their systems

for the short time I have been on here, I see that members will start a thread asking about a certain piece of equipment or speakers..       they will then buy that piece of equipment / speakers, start a thread about it saying how good it is and then next thing you know, they are starting another thread asking about another piece of gear as they are looking for something different.           what happened to that piece of gear that was so great ?       
  i get the whole buying thing....but where are members getting the money to do all of this stuff ?       do they not have other bills such as rent / mortgage payment, car payment, other bills to pay for also ?
birdscantrow
bob540

I concur. I have been in this Hobby since 1985. Most of us have had the (very) good fortune in working up to a Reference system.
Tip: buy demo/used as much as possible.

Happy Listening!
Of course you didn't. Instead, he told you a lot of stuff about his personal economic situation (which may or may not be true, and which neither you nor I nor anyone else cares about), then blamed you for asking.  

LOL!!
Its called debt! However, it is smart managed debt. Meaning that the remaining debt i do have, used to establish my system of today, is financed at "zero" percent. It is gradually paid off, usually no more than 24-36 months. Also, some things are sold either on here or on ebay to finance a new purchase, if say that something just was not doing it for me. The only thing left to pay off is my latest turntable acquisition ....I’ll most likely use part of the stimulus check to wipe that out. In the end I’m left with Tannoy legacy eatons $5500 (not counting stands or material to fill them), sugden a21 se $3250, a Marantz pm14s1, six turntables, four tuners, three cd players and a transport, two dacs, two extra pairs of speakers (wharefdales), three cassettes decks, two headphone amps, ten pairs of headphones, countless interconnects and power chords, ten cartridges...on and on and on...and all mine, all paid for!!...except the aforementioned turntable. You ask how is most of this debt paid off? Through lots and lots of hard work and OT. Was it all worth it? Hell yeah! I do not regret anything. Yes, got a mortgage, car payment, kids, utilities, CC debt, etc etc....however, its all getting paid and I still save money in bank. I will tell you that we as a family do not spend a fortune on trips or eat in the fanciest restaurants.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing money for toys, otherwise known as a credit card, as long as you have the ability to pay it back. It is also important that you buy  something that you know you will keep for years to come. There is "No" damage done by using a credit card with "zero" percent say for 18 months....the bank makes "zero" additional  money. You pay back exactly what you spent, no more no less! Keep it all within reason without going nuts and it is easily manageable and you have your stuff before your dead and buried.