Rebuilding Power Amplifier(s)

I have a couple of Metaxas Solitaire power amplifiers.
One amp is operating on both channels and the other has only one channel working.
They have been inspected by a repairer , who has refused to conduct any repairs as repair work has previously been conducted to a poor quality.
So I have now retrieved them and propose to refurbish myself.
- Its either that or just dispose of them.
My plan is to replace every discrete component  to original spec or better .
Now I have no experience of such work , but I can't see any great skill needed for such work.
Have I under estimated , not the quantity of work as I have plenty of time , but the complexity for a novice.
I'm interested in comments.
bobby1945
This is my Metaxas amplifier !  And I have been advised my 2nd one is as bad , if not worse!
My skill set is not adequate to undertake this work .
I have accepted that unfortunately  its a bin job.

I just did this for the first time on a Sansui 5050.  It sounds great.  Here is what I learned.  Watch a few videos on how to solder/desolder electronics.  Watch a video on how to “tin” a soldering iron.  You can get service manuals at hifiengine.com.  Replacing capacitors is no big deal as long as you use the same uf rating.  The voltage can be a little higher.  Transistors you need to be careful.  Find a direct replacement and make sure you know what prong goes where.  (ECB, BCE, etc).  Resistors are easy but the coloring on the outside that tells you the resistance might have faded making it hard to know the resistance.  These shouldn’t go bad and I’d leave alone.  (Unless the service manual identifies the resistance).  After each circuit board I would test with a “dim bulb” tester. (Easy to build).  This will tell you if there is a short and you will know what board it is on.