To Roon or not to Roon?

I recently have tried the 14 day trial of Roon and I could not get Roon to sync with my Auralic Aries G2.1 LD Lightning app and after a couple of days of trying everything my LD Lightning app itself went wonky and started to skip tracks and not play. I had to reinstall the Lighting app and restart my Aries. I read online where some people just preferred the sound of the Lightning app as opposed to the Roon app. Is Roon worth the trouble and expense over the Auralic Aries app which is pretty good on it’s own. I spent a lot of time with Roon and it just messed up my streaming setup. Any advice would be appreciated.
128x128mitchb
Love ROON and I hardly use the organization features or even search. The things I use most are Convolution files, Parametric EQ, zones, and recommendations. I have 4 zones that are used throughout the house. I do not use WiFi and have relied on PowerLine Ethernet distribution to rooms that do not have direct Ethernet. I also have a ROON Core server that is installed on a $400 DELL Optplex server. I use ether Sonore OpticalRendu for Fibre streaming or RJ45 Ethernet streaming. No WIFI allowed.

With regards to ROON customer support. I thought they were great. I noticed a problem with CPU usage going crazy when the ROON Client was opened while music played. This was around 2AM PST. I posted a question on the ROONLabs Forum and I got an immediate response from some ROON tech in London. He/She and I worked out the solution in a matter of an hour or 2 via Forum posts. The issue (for both PC and MAC) is that some video drivers get messed up with computer OS updates. In my case, NVidia drivers. The ROON guy even found be the proper NVidia drivers to keep around for future OS updates. Great support. 
Roon is by far the single most important element of my various systems. It is what links them, unites them. I use it to distribute music to different rooms, to understand the paths the signal is taking, to set different EQs for different rooms, and to have the same view of my music wherever I go.  I find it wonderful and I’d be lost without it. 
I tried to use Roon again and followed the instructions as told to me by a Roon rep by email and not only did it not work for me it screwed up my Auralic app which required to be deleted and reinstalled. I really would like to try Roon but it doesn’t seem to work for me. It will play on my google speakers if enabled, my Sony TV if enabled and my computer speakers if enabled but not my Auralic Aries G2.1 even when enabled. I really want to at least try Roon for myself and I don’t mind the fee for it but it doesn’t seem to work for me. Any advice to get Roon working would be appreciated.
Love Roon and the latest update is simply awesome.  Just a dream to use and to organize my music. Never had a single problem or glitch.  I use mine with an Innuos Zenith and they play well together. 
The convenience and sound quality of Roon has spoiled me so I rarely spin anything.  My primary Roon endpoint is an Ayre QX-5, secondary a Senore ultraRendu, both on a Google MESH variant of the Ethernet.