To Roon or not to Roon?

I recently have tried the 14 day trial of Roon and I could not get Roon to sync with my Auralic Aries G2.1 LD Lightning app and after a couple of days of trying everything my LD Lightning app itself went wonky and started to skip tracks and not play. I had to reinstall the Lighting app and restart my Aries. I read online where some people just preferred the sound of the Lightning app as opposed to the Roon app. Is Roon worth the trouble and expense over the Auralic Aries app which is pretty good on it’s own. I spent a lot of time with Roon and it just messed up my streaming setup. Any advice would be appreciated.
128x128mitchb
I love Roon. The ability to "slice and dice" your music collection, see discographies, play various versions of records, all artists hyperlinked, is amazing. Much broader control over your music, including integrating your ripped, Tidal, and Qobuz playlists and libraries. I am hooked after only a few months using it.
Another +1 for Roon.
I don't own Aurilac, but Innuos, and the Roon app works great for me( albeit, I am not using wifi).
I didn't want to want to pay for another subscription, but the Roon app is very well polished. 
I could have kept using the $4 Squeezebox, but Roon makes it look like Pac Man.
Bob
Roon is the best purchase I have made in this hobby, by a large margin. Yes, compared to any other purchase I have made, and I have purchased a lot. I subscribed to Roon Lifetime over four years ago, when Roon was not a “thing”. 
Having said this, it works well for some, not for others. And since you already tried, you should know if it’s worth for you or not already.
mitchb how do you like the Auralic Aries G2.1 I have been looking at it to replace my Bluesound Vault 2i 

Enjoy the Music 
Tom