To Roon or not to Roon?

I recently have tried the 14 day trial of Roon and I could not get Roon to sync with my Auralic Aries G2.1 LD Lightning app and after a couple of days of trying everything my LD Lightning app itself went wonky and started to skip tracks and not play. I had to reinstall the Lighting app and restart my Aries. I read online where some people just preferred the sound of the Lightning app as opposed to the Roon app. Is Roon worth the trouble and expense over the Auralic Aries app which is pretty good on it’s own. I spent a lot of time with Roon and it just messed up my streaming setup. Any advice would be appreciated.
128x128mitchb
I use my Aries wireless. Yes I use Wifi. I’m hesitant about Roon because of the way it knocked my Auralic and app out of whack.
Stick with the Lightning App. I have the G1 and use it wireless. I tried Roon a few times and could never get it to replicate my library the way I curated it. The Lightning App does this just fine. I don't need all the extra content that Roon provides either. The Lightning App is easy to use and works fine for playing music off my NAS.
Roon support is horrible if you have issues.  For $120/year they need a support solution. Mahler123 has put it well. You don't need it but if you want that type of organization, it could work.  I'm an annual subscriber and didn't do lifetime due to competitors popping up that will most likely do things that I care about better. One thing I highly, highly, highly recommend is hooking the Roon core up wired.  I have robust wifi in my house with 350-400 Mbps up and down and Roon chokes constantly.  When I use it wired (using an Orbi mesh system so wired to a satellite) it rarely balks. I would lean towards it not being worth the money but as with many things, you pay for convenience, not perfection.