Free speaker tweak that's a must do

Hello. Every time I receive a set of speakers, I always tighten the screws on all the drivers. I've received a few pairs where I could actually remove the screws with my fingers!
edpadden
I never ever had a issue with it. And I've owned 100s of loudspeakers. Built many more. Most can and do play at SPL Polks could never approach. I do know once you've over torqued a fastener your going to have it loosen up and this is what Polk432 is probably experiencing.
I remember this happened all the time with the ProAc speakers I used to have. Never occurred to me to use something like Loctite on the screws :-(
Don't use red loctite or you'll need a blow torch to loosen them again. stick with blue stuff
Ed...this isn't always a good thing. For instance..the B&W 800 series drivers are mounted loose with the use of foam plastic gaskets. By tightening the drivers, you squash the gaskets and the speakers are not operating as designed.
Loctite doesn't work on wood.. jeez.. and most speakers have their drivers mounted to a wood type front baffle. And a "careful" snugging is a good thing.. CAREFUL not gorilla tight. And if you have drivers that screw into metal inserts and you use Red Loctite you are totally F'ed if a driver blows cause you need a blow torch to heat it up to get the bolt/screw loose..might even want to use a torque wrench to get the same torque on all screws.. Ahh but how much torque??? What kind torque wrench?? Snap-on or Craftsman, or Matco.. Digital gauge, beam type, clicker, and what scale?? Ft lbs , Ft Inches, newton meters... Audiophiles ....