VTL's and KT88's?

Howdy! Does anyone have any experience using KT88's in their VTL amps? Specifically, I have a pair of MB450 Signature (pre Series II version). The best current KT88 (Gold Lion) is reputed to provide better sound quality than the best current 6550C and I'm tempted to try them. At $900 for the two octets, I'd like to hear from anyone who's used KT88's in their VTL's before I take the plunge.

Thanks!
kbarham
@vegasears , thanks! also don't forget or overlook those 12AT7 inputs, they affect the sound too. Try a pair of PSVANE art series or the T-II series if you want more detail. If you want a warmer sound, the Shuguang treasure series will fit the bill.

It might be interesting to read this first....

...' NEW SENSOR in New York today owns the brand rights of the 'GOLD LION' brand. That is all they own. They do not use the original tools, neither are their new tools copies of the original tools. The GOLDEN LION tubes, sold by NEW SENSOR, are made in the Reflektor factory in Saratov Russia, and inside I see the plain old Electro Harmonix construction, as they used always'.....(scroll to read )

https://jacmusic.com/KT88/kt88.htm
"...inside I see the plain old Electro Harmonix construction, as they used always’..."       See any side ring getters/silver side gettering, in any of EH’s KT88 iterations?        Compare the top supports, plates, etc.      Differing construction, between Russian Gold Lion and all of EH’s KT-88 versions.      Apparently: whoever wrote the article cited, can’t discern obvious construction differences, either.      Further: no sellers, or- anyone on AudiogoN (that I’ve noticed) are attempting to pass off the Russian, GL re-pops as actually being produced with original equipment (or copies) from the Genelex plant.              They’re just excellent tubes, from experience.