Do you let the turntable spin when putting down record and attach the clamp.

Either turn off table between each record side,
or keep it turned on - unscrew the clamp, put record down, clamp and play record.

Thank you.
dcaudio

@noromance 

Platter is always spinning for the session. No clamps or weights.

I understand, but do you not worry even a little about scuffing up your vinyl during that moment of slippage when lifting the record off the moving platter.  I realize the musical information is down in the grooves but still, it concerns me. 
Do you have a trick in the routine that helps?
My TT stays on while the belt is stopped and I don’t believe the motor cools off enough between sides to make a difference, although I could of course be wrong about that.  I generally let it spin for awhile before dropping into the first side.  
So, @dcaudio, I’ve tried both ways and for me on my rig it’s just a question of patience.  If I stop the motor it takes the platter a couple of minutes to wind down if I don’t help it slow down.  Moreover, after a start, and again if I don’t help, it takes the platter at least a cup of coffee or a side of fries to get up to 33.  But, if I flip a record on the fly I almost always worry about scuffs.  Therefore, you’re not the only one with the question and thank you for asking it.  
VPI Avenger Reference with Rim here.  I turn it off.  Way too many things can go wrong.  Especially because I use the periphery ring