Question for those with “Golden ears”, and a frustration! (The Loudness Wars)

Hello! My first text! My user name, is short for my Companies name.
  Anyway, I ALWAYS wondered, which sounds better to you with $$$$ equipment? The Led Zeppelin Rhino Black box of Japanese made, mini copies of the record album sleeves CD’s of ALL the albums? Or, the large sized four CD disk boxset with the crop circle picture on the front(1990 release?), and the later small box, that had the songs missing from the four box “crop circles” box? The mini-album Japanese CD’s sound pretty damn good to me!  Any thoughts? Which sounds better to you? Those with CD based systems I can only dream of owning?  As to my rant, I went to the Wiki article of: The Sound Wars! And there was a link where you can put in your CD or album title and artist, and it tells you if it’s been compressed(LOUD!), or, not. Specifically: CD’s, (if it’s compressed, the VU meters will stay locked in the red) My favorite Fleetwood Mac CD, The Dance, all in the RED, BAD! 😢 U2’s Joshua Tree (special boxed edt.) All in the GREEN (GOOD). But I swear, the drums/cymbals, IMO, sound awful on that CD! Especially the cymbals! NEVER could find a good sounding Joshua Tree CD that the drums and cymbals sounded good. 🙁 That was my FAVORITE concert!!! 4’th. row seats!! AWESOME! Other albums, NIN CD’s all in the red, Van Halen as well. And the worst, totally unlistenable, got it for Christmas many years ago, Led Zep., The Mothership CD’s. 🤮

Thank you all!!!
savroof9849
David,
Discogs.com
Enter Led Zeppelin cd Germany.
You’ll have to scroll through hundreds of releases, each will list country of origin. RM means remaster, so skip those. And you’re looking for dates 1985, 86, or 87 for original issues.
Some will say country: Europe, but click on the picture and look for Made in Germany or Manufactured in Gemany on the CD label.

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-III/release/4169275

Here's one that says country: Europe 1987. But there was no EU in 1987, if you click on the pics you'll see manufactured in Germany on the back cover.
Early releases will have Germany stamped on the disc.

Picked up a few of scorpions CDs from Japan few years ago.
the shrill highs are so up front and in your face, I sold them and dug out my old Mercury and bmg releases of them on cd. 
 They are so bad, I think of the sound even now, I press my jaw together and hope it’s over soon.

anyone else get some of those scorpions releases on cd?