All record weights the same ?

What is a good record weight.

Do they harm the motor, or put more stress on a direct drive motor?

Technics sl1200 mkii from the mid late 80’s.  Removed platter, unscrewed top, removed spindle , and removed clamp,  wiped off old oil, fresh oil, blew out w compressed air, oiled any moving parts. 
 Put back together, and it’s smooth as silk.

Anyway,...WHATS A GOOD descent record weight that will hold down the LP and not harm or put more strain on the motor. 
128x128arcticdeth
The same bowl that oldhvymec used to cut his hair with .... remember hair?  😄 Anyone with extensive Russo turntable experience I'd trust.
This record weight is about 900g and perfect for any Direct Drive turntable including Technics. Designed and made in Japan by Micro Seiki in the 70’s. Classics! They made at least two versions of this (slightly different weight and thickness). 

In my opinion most of the modern record weights are so ugly that I don’t want them even near my turntable.
Picked up a 6.3 gr weight.
   Looks ok. 13$. It’s all I need, most of my warped or slightly warped records were flattened in my oven between 2 pieces of glass.

Works great. 
 Thank you @millrcarbon. 
The same bowl that oldhvymec used to cut his hair with .... remember hair?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Long live the bowl.

I do cut my own hair, I really do.. I part what's left down the middle, tape back to front with blue painters tape, cut to that margin with sharp scissors, and # whatever with a beard trimmer after that.
Summer time BUZZ. 40 plus years. :-)

My weight is 475 grams on my Russcos with a 400 gram increase from ADDING silicone on the bottom of the platter.
240 on the Thoren TD124s MK1 (magnetic platers), PLUS the 375 grams for the top added aluminum plate. That's 615 total.  360 grams with aluminum platters on the MKIIs.

Put the cats food bowl on the ol Russco and give it a bump LOL the cat jumps on the platter with the bowl.. Around they go. Just a bump. LOL go around for 6-8 revs.. Silly as$ cat. An occasional "MEOW"

Respect..
Chak, are you sure it’s good advice to say categorically that 900g, about two pounds, is ok for any DD turntable? Especially when MS made it for their belt driven high end tables? I agree with Raul that a screw on or clamp type is to be preferred usually, but a mid weighted weight may tame some resonances. I use the SOTA reflex clamp or the weight made by kenwood for the LO7D, which weighs I’m guessing 250 to 350g. Each turntable and each type of turntable may sound best with different methods for fixing the record in place, so in my opinion one needs to experiment, and choose for one’s self.