Should I sell my Oppo 205?

Please help me decide. Is there a logical reason for current prices on used Oppo 205? I bought mine few years ago brand new for around $1500. I've hardly used it since, maybe 2-3 Blue rays per year max. I have a pretty good collection of blue rays 4k movies. My questions: 

1. Is there nothing else on the market to compete with this relatively old player? 

2. What is so special about this oppo ? 

3. Is it likely to become more in demand in the future? 
ei001h
This is kind of a silly question but I’ll try to help you answer it. First, you don’t mention the audio portion of this player. If all you do is watch movies, and audio isn’t important to you, then sell your Oppo 205 and buy something else. You can pocket the profit and reinvest into a player with less capabilities. You ask what is so special about this Oppo, and my response is that if you don’t see it then who am I to point it out. Will it become more in demand in the future? Seriously? The only reason the price went up is the scarcity of units when Oppo ceased production shortly after introducing the well-received 205. It’s your decision. Based on your posting here, my advice would be to sell it, pocket the profit and buy something else. I’m starting to see the ridiculous asking prices of the 205 beginning to come down already. The clock's ticking.
IMHO, the Oppo was nothing that special, certainly not special enough to command the prices being asked today.  It was a decent player for under $1500.00, but to pay more than that, never.  
Do you stream at all? If you do  you use the  extra HDMI in the  back  of the 205 for your  Roku or Apple TV device. I  use it for my Roku and love it. It will make a  significant difference on your picture and audio quality,

That is how I  use my Oppo everyday now. I hardly ever listen to music through it anymore, as I have focused the majority of my listening  hours on my stereo  rig in my kitchen.

Try that first  before you  let the unit  go.