What frustrates you the most about seller’s for sale ads?

Audiogon has been in existence for over 20 years now, and if you are like myself, you probably have read thousands of for sale ads. When I read most of these ads, I always feel like the seller is leaving out vital information about the actual product (unit they own) they’re trying to sell. Some sellers are spot on when they sell something. They describe the unit in full detail, but most don’t. To me that’s a red flag and frustrating. For myself, the most frustrating thing is most ads leave out equipment age. If I’m buying something used this is vital info I want to know. If a seller doesn’t know the age of the unit don’t rate it 9/10 and later telI me I don’t know the actual age. One retailer, I will not mention names, always gives you 3-4 paragraphs of how great of business they are, and leaves one sentence at the end to describe the actual product being sold. LOL

hiendmmoe
What if the speaker grills do not come off by manner of design? I listed a pair of GE Triton Ones for sale here, clearly stated my 2K price was firm, I even said its a fire sale price. I kept getting asked to see the speakers with the grills off. When I told a perspective buyer they don’t come off, I was called a liar. The same with the price, I stated FIRM yet I got prices from $1100.00 to $1900.00. What part of firm can’t you people comprehend?

I was also asked many times the age of the speakers yet in my ad, I said I bought them brand new in January 2015. If you can add, you would know the speakers were 6 years old. I was asked if I had the boxes and packing and it was clearly stated I had everything in the ad. I also said in the ad I will not help with shipping so don’t ask.

Almost every offer I got wanted me to split the shipping. When I told the people that I was sympathetic to the high cost of shipping and that was why I was selling the speakers for 2K instead of the 2800-3K that others were asking, I was told I am being to greedy!!! I then changed the ad to local pick up only unless the purchaser arranges their own shipping and I still got questions like how much to ship to Memphis, Austin, ect.

So, before you complain about the sellers, I think you purchasers need to rethink and do your homework before putting in an offer. This last transaction of selling the GE speakers and all the rediculous questions wore me out completely. I am very glad I sold them locally and I now have nothing else to sell.  Thank God!

You people completely wore me out, never again will I attempt to sell a big ticket item here.
@geof3 

As a seller, I expect people to A: be able to read. Read the ENTIRE description. Then B: do due diligence BEFORE offering. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been offered X amount for something, agreed on the terms and then asked a slew of questions. Ask prior. Simple. As a buyer, I go into purchasing an item after researching it, to include reviews etc. I do not expect a seller to add additional info other than condition and any issues. I don’t need to waste time reading a 14 paragraph dissertation on the awesomeness of cryo-treatment. The real problem is most people have no idea how negotiation works. Nor, the value of a commitment. Verbal or otherwise.

jeez geof - what you say would be way too sensible, too logical and too correct an approach by any buyer!! - what is wrong with you????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I hate it when lazy sellers simply copy/paste the stock manufacturer description & specs for the unit, especially when it’s lengthy. Anyone can easily look up the product specs in a second. I don’t want that, I want the SELLER’s history with, and description of, the particular unit for sale. Of course a good seller will anticipate the kinds of questions informed buyers will be asking, and answer them in the ad - cater towards the informed buyers, not tire kickers who don't even know what they're looking at.

And of course, lack of photos, or bad photos - bad lighting, dust caking everything, etc. You can be sloppy in private but at least try to conceal that in your sales ads.