Streaming vs ripped music

So I have a Node 2 going into an RME dac and stream Amazon HD. Yesterday I ripped 5 or 6 of my faves that I stream from the CDs. Put this onto a thumb drive and into the back of the Node. I think this definitely sound better than streaming these same songs. Anyone tried this and what was your findings? 
mofojo
mesh isn’t worse than traditional wifi: much depends on were you are: if there are a lot of other wifi networks near you, you won’t have enough bandwidth and hence running an ethernet cable will substantially improve SQ. Otherwise mesh or wifi will be ok.
The cable between your access point and streamer should be short
@mofojo ,
If you can run direct ethernet, all the better.
There is another thread here on Agon regarding the insertion of optical between ethernet. The benefit being that it isolates/removes noise.
Bob
I used an optical cable from a Mac mini to a dac. I honestly can’t tell a difference between streamed and ripped CDs typical music coming off the Mac. 
My ripped CDs using a 432 Evo Aeon server , Holo May KTE dac is clearly more enjoyable then streaming though perhaps I should look into critical changes like member Grannyring is using for his streamed music ,

I don’t know , what I’m currently hearing with well recorded music is incredibly thrilling and the best I’ve have experienced in my home so far but I’ll give it another shot ...