For Your Edification and Enjoyment re "Burn In", etc.

Just published at Dagogo.com, my article "Audiophile Law: Burn In Test Redux". 

Validation of my decision ten years ago.  :) 

douglas_schroeder
Well I think it humorous that doug thinks he has more to offer in terms of opinion than the average hobbyist. Is believing in component change really a big deal and I would challenge doug to prove that this belief or many others he finds distasteful are deleterious to the hobby. 

For some all amps sound the same, for others there is no difference in cables and others believe in any claim no matter how absurd. There is no proof in this hobby and I thought we were done with the idea that we can objectify the subjective.

Why in the world would I spend hours and extra funds to prove something that I have accepted and that I perceive as significant? This would be a total waste of time. But what I find most objectionable is the fact that he feels the need to ascribe reasons for those that dont share HIS opinion. 

Hey Doug please refresh me on the qualifications of becoming a reviewer. Is there a degree, apprenticeship, or a school...I want to get me one of them high paying gigs. 

I love the way @douglas_schroeder seems to dismiss opinions that don't coincide with his agenda. Very condescending behavior, but it's really nothing new.

Oz
audition_audio, I did not seek reviewing, and I am not paid to write/review, so you are off the mark with your assertion. Perhaps you would like to spend 1,000+ hours doing the work associated with reviewing unpaid! I spent thousands of my money attending shows so that I would become familiar with the gear offered in North America. So, you can walk back your insinuation/assertion. :)

The community can see my body of work over the past 14 years at Dagogo.com, which I humbly offer is the evidence of building hundreds of systems, learning what does and does not work in building systems. It is not necessary to have a degree, apprenticeship, etc. to reach the conclusions I have, but it is necessary to build hundreds of systems and conduct dozens of interviews (unpaid, conducted of my own impetus). I suggest that your inference that I have nothing more to offer than the average hobbyist is incorrect.

Many years ago I used to have an attitude similar to yours. An interesting thing happened to me, however; I was offered an opportunity to review. Along the way, I realized that I was able to conduct comparisons, to learn things I never would have been able (or, more accurately, would not have spent the money on) if not for reviewing. Now, gratis, I am sharing them with a community rife with skepticism on some topics and hubris on other topics. So be it. A few will see the wisdom in my approach, and will benefit.

Thank you for sharing your opinion here, and I invite to to go back and reread my two articles to gain more insight. :)
@ozzy62

I love the way @douglas_schroeder seems to dismiss opinions that don’t coincide with his agenda. Very condescending behavior, but it’s really nothing new.

while i appreciate his reviews and many of his comments, i would have to agree with you on this ozzy...

Clearly, the article shows that I am not simply dismissing opinions, even going to the point of saying sincerely that if the results contradicted those of the first test, I would have to reevaluate. Is that dismissing opinions? I am respecting the opinion of those who insist tweaks have efficacy when I am wiling to humble myself enough to set up a test, rather than laugh at them and ignore putting it to the test.