For Your Edification and Enjoyment re "Burn In", etc.

Just published at Dagogo.com, my article "Audiophile Law: Burn In Test Redux". 

Validation of my decision ten years ago.  :) 

douglas_schroeder
OK:

Good to know when I read your future posts as this has always been in the back of my mind when reading your past ones.

I do smoke tobacco in moderation (always outdoors) and the cables left a really bad smell in my memory.

DeKay
Perhaps a case of mistaken identity.  I do not know the man, but several times have been mistaken for Doug Schneider,  who is also a reviewer.  Not sure of pertinency to your situation.  
I addressed "break in" and "burn in" in the article as it pertains to the phenomena under assessment.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As I said Douglas, several times before. I have NEVER heard the term "BURN IN" used by professional repairmen. ONLY by rookies. Just like the term "MOTOR" in lue of "ENGINE". The term is used all the time by WHO? Drivers not mechanics. The same with "burn in".
If words don’t matter to you, they do to the people like me.

Why? I can’t think of a single time you can substitute burn in, for break in in any way other than people in the audiophile community. WHY BURN IN? A lack of command of the English language, (not a first language).

My counterparts in other countries would use words like this, but would point to the word "BREAK IN" in the BOOK. If you mean breakin but type burnin, what other word salad, do I have to decipher.
I can’t hear a difference means, "Sometimes" I can’t hear a difference? or ALL the time?

Terms like brake in, conditioned, seated, lapped, settled, ran in, trued, lined up, within tolerance, out of spec, misaligned, tune up, etc.

Even BRAKES are seated, but NEVER EVER BURNT IN. BUT they can BURN UP, catch on fire, go up in flames, up in smoke, burn to the ground, become glazed, BUT they never burn in..
Is the MOTOR "blowed up", Goober. :-(
Aunt Bee, would have said "Are you having engine trouble, Andy"? Seized a piston, due to a lack of oil? :-)
That "Dipstick" Goober...

What next, you'll want to borrow a cable conditioner. :-)

Regards..