Isophon Cassiano with diamond tweeter

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to repeat the issue that I might indicate in other topic concerning preamplifier/poweramplifier. However, this is to get a different point of view and advice from you guys.

I currently own Isophon Cassiano speaker with diamond tweeter. Gryphon Diablo and a pair of Accustic Arts Preamp I mk3/ Amp II mk2 are being considered to be accompanied the existing speaker. Have you guys enjoyed the Cassiano speaker? Can you advise me to choose either Gryphon or AA or maybe an amplifier else for the best combination?

Thanks!
footix
Hi Footix,

I googled around a bit...no doubt you've done this already. Dick Olsher of Stereophile had very, very positive things to say about this speaker with Accuphase electronics. That says something to me...generally Accuphase is warm, Class A SS...not perhaps the most detailed...a little smoother.

also thought i saw somewhere very difficult 2ohm load at some points in the audioband...very tough on some amps. Not sure about Accustic (probably fine actually)...but certainly should not be a problem for Gyphon. the Antileon and Colosseum double all the way down to 0.5 ohm load (and also double again all the way down to 0.5ohm on peaks!).

I am also aware that Gryphon does have quite a natural tonality in the Colosseum and the Antileon as well, though it is also a darker balance. Given commments about Accuphase, i wonder if that might not be a good fit? It's all a matter of personal opinion in the end. Just some thoughts. good luck!
Hello Lloydelee21,

Thank you. Please show me words that Dick Olsher of Stereophile had talked about this speaker with Accuphase electronics. I could not find those.

Thanks again!
Could not find more than this quickly...but this is a quick snapshot from Dick Olsher's coverage of CES 2006 on Enjoy the Music. i thought i read more somewhere else.

"The coupling of Accuphase electronics and the German Isophon Cassiano speakers ($25,000/pair) made a good impression. San Cassiano, a ski resort in southern Tyrol, donated the name for this high-tech project, replete with Thiel ceramic diaphragm drivers."

Hello,

I want to add ASR Emitter II Exclusive into the list. The used one costs as much as a new Gryphon Dialo.

Have you guys experienced with this ASR amplifier, please comment and advise.