Are you troubled by the imaging of a symphony orchestra?

I don’t listen to orchestra LPs much because there are very few that correctly image the placement of the instruments. I have changed ICs. The SQ is good but it is troublesome the not hear the violin section on the left, the violas and celli on the right, etc. Pre Covid, I frequently enjoyed going to the Symphony and sitting close.
It is hard to get that picture out of my mind.
mglik
I only have a few classical recordings but everyone is sitting in the correct place. 
Orchestral imaging has always been problematic in my experience. How many mikes were employed? Overdubs? Was the venue truly good enough, or did the producers have to make due? Were the producers pressured by the label (or the conductor) into doing some prestidigitation? "Kind Sir, how ’bout upping the reverb a tad?" And oh yes, as orchestras evolved, sections would get switched around.
I frequently enjoyed going to the Symphony and sitting close.
It is hard to get that picture out of my mind.

Indeed. Hardly anyone does recordings the way it would take to recreate that sound. All the classical orchestra recordings I ever heard seem intended to recreate the sound from at least about a third of the way back. Since the records are made that way anything you do to try and recreate that sound will lead to nothing but problems.

Sad to say you are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that your front row seating is for live events only, and get used to the sound from the cheap seats when you are at home.