Question about SACD and DSD

Hello,

So I have a question about SACD and DSD because I am I guess a bit confused about something.

First of all let me say that the reason I ask this question is because I am thinking about getting a better SACD player.

Currently I have a Denon Blu-ray Player which I use for CD/SACD playback and I have the digital coax connected directly to my DAC.

CD/SACD's sound great, so I can't complain about that.

I know that SACD is basically DSD 2.8

I also realize that I should probably use the analog output of the Denon Blu-ray going directly to my Integrated Amp because the SACD is simply getting converted to PCM 44.1 from the DAC (it displays as such).

But...

What I am a bit confused on is: Say I have a SACD and I have also ripped the SACD layer to DSD Files.

Now if I listen to the SACD the recommended way through the Denon Player via Analog outputs, will it sound just as good as if I listen to the DSD File version going from my PC to my DAC to the Integrated?

When playing a SACD from a player, are you truly getting the full DSD experience or because it's going through the player, it's just slightly better then CD but not as good as full DSD?

I guess I started thinking about this when I discovered that PS Audio equipment with their I2S connections (according to them because I have not experienced it) stated that, that is the best way to listen to SACD because they are transferring over pure DSD without any conversion.

Well wouldn't that be the same as listening to DSD files from a computer then?

If my thinking is correct, then I don't see a point in upgrading to a better SACD Player, might as well just get my SACD's ripped to DSD files and only purchase DSD versions of new albums (if I think it's worth it, I know there are not many out there).

But if listening to SACD's from a SACD player provides the same experience as listening to the DSD version, then I would consider getting a better player and growing my SACD collection.

Hope what I am asking makes sense.

I guess ultimately, I should just do a test and get a SACD ripped to DSD and then compare.

But I wanted to ask because I always wondered: are we getting the full DSD experience from a SACD?

Thanks

Jay

128x128jay73
The DLNR Bridge, could you tell me what that is?
Useful when necessary but not generally necessary and has potential formatting limitations.
Well, playing from a PC is crap, there's that.  
If you're not using Fidelizer it is hopeless.
When you're using DLNA, you're not playing from or through the computer.  The files are sent from the server (like a NAS or hard disk) to the DNLA  bridge and out to the DAC.  The computer is merely the digital media controller.  
Thanks everyone for your responses.

As I said before, I will need to test it out myself and see if there is a big difference between DSD playing from the PC and the SACD counterpart.

Of course everyone's system is different but I'll report back and see what I think with my system.

Thanks