If your were to assemble a vintage system ?

Let’s say you were going to put together a vintage system and your source was primarily vinyl. Your price limit is $1500. What would it be? 
Make it as musical as possible. Super detail or thunderous bass isn’t going to be very high on the list. My first thought would be a 70’s Marantz receiver (50ish wpc is more than adequate) an 80’s AR table, and any iteration of a Vandersteen 2C that didn’t bust the budget. 

Could easily also swap in a Pioneer SX750 instead of a Marantz. 
Cartridge? Not sure- might actually go with something modern/current. AT or Nagaoka 

what would you put together? 
128x128zavato
I’ve purchased a pair of QUAD ESL-63s, a QUAD 44 preamp and a 405-2 power amp. All I need is to buy a mid 80s vintage turntable and I’ll have my vintage system. I’d love to get a J A Michell...
we have a room plus for that...

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7106

enjoy

while i do have a vintage Grace cartridge, the Hana ML gets most of the work.....

enjoy the music and the journey 

Jim
we have a room plus for that...

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7106

enjoy

while i do have a vintage Grace cartridge, the Hana ML gets most of the work.....

enjoy the music and the journey 

Jim
Was just playing around with a perfect little vintage $1,500 rig... a much written about Musical Fidelity, A100 integrated, Canton, Karat 40 (3) way monitors; beautiful German build and a Music Hall, MMF 2.1 TT w/Adcom high output MC cart. Or, how about a Luxman R-1050 reciever w/rosewood cabinet, pair of Linn, Keilidh short towers and a HK, T-60 w/Signet cart. Guess the possibilities are endless. Will take some looking and shopping but these pieces are out there 
 The 70`s  gear I`d return to would be; The Dynaco preamp Pat5,  Dynaco 400 power amp  or David Hafler DH 200 DIY, Onkyo T100 tuner,  the original Technica SL 1200 T/T, Ortofon M15 Super E cart. Teac 4010 GSL reel to reel tape recorder, speakers Magnepan Tympani 1D`s I purchased all used $1585.